• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one thing after another

whiteponygt

Ok so messed with it a lil now with starting fluid it cranks the finally bigpoof threw intake ........which goes back to timing again but where never had motor parts all tensiors. are holding the chains tight no slack never had motor apart, injectors are hooked up right and cop onversionis wired right weve checked it once the two more times just to make sure

whiteponygt

Ok Finally Ready To Bite The Bullet New Cam Semsor And Still No Change Crank And Crank And Get Bug Poof Back Threw Intake .......Its A Timing Problem :(so Gonna Pull The Front Cover OfF And Check Everything. Boo

Kurt

My money is on coil sequence or something relating to the cop conversion. Wrong firing order or something like a misinterpreted wiring diagram. Not trying to start anything, just speculating. Hope you get it figured out.

whiteponygt

I understand that on the diagram, your not gonna hurt my feelings saying I wired it wrong im prone to screw up on a daily basis. I will have to check it again or check coil placement. I looked for the cop diagram and I found two that were the exact same but two different people and went with it.Anyone have a COP diagram that I can double check myself on. The fuel pump comes on long enough to purge then cuts back off.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
mark8 motor cobra intake cop conversion with 97 gt harness and computer. Also have checked the cop diagram with two others and its wired right

1. Can you please post the COP diagram you used.
2. These early 4.6's had a coil pack for each bank of cylinders but with the 1997 passenger cars and the 1999 Mustang, Ford went to coil on plug (COP). 97-98 Mark VIII came with COPs (Which Conversion did you use?)

Does the below look like what you used?
LF ign coil EEC PIN 78 Tan/Lt Green
LF ign coil EEC PIN 104 Tan/Lt Blue
RT ign coil EEC PIN 26 Tan/White
RT ign coil EEC PIN 52 Tan/Orange

Last edited:

whiteponygt

THis Is The Cop I Used I HavE TheHarness From The 03 Mark 8 TyingThem To A 97 Gt Harness

Attachments

• wires1.jpg
    wires1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 40

Kurt

When you say you used the harness from the mark VIII, you mean just the coil harness, correct? Not the whole engine harness (ejectors, sensors, maf, etc)

Also, when you wired your coils, using the first wire in your list as an example (blue/green) for coil cyl #1 and coil cyl #6 you wired the blue green wire to the neg side of coil #1 then from the positive side of coil #1 to the neg side of coil #6 then form the postive side of coil #6 to 12v? (aka in a series)

Kurt

1. Can you please post the COP diagram you used.
2. These early 4.6's had a coil pack for each bank of cylinders but with the 1997 passenger cars and the 1999 Mustang, Ford went to coil on plug (COP). 97-98 Mark VIII came with COPs (Which Conversion this you use?)

Does the below look like what you used?
LF ign coil EEC PIN 78 Tan/Lt Green
LF ign coil EEC PIN 104 Tan/Lt Blue
RT ign coil EEC PIN 26 Tan/White
RT ign coil EEC PIN 52 Tan/Orange

Couple of things here, I know I'm being picky but the coil packs are not arranged bank to bank. As in one coil doesn't do one bank and the other coil does the other bank. Each coil does half of one bank and half of the other. I just want to point that out for all the guys new to this.

Also, your colors don't look correct for '97 mustang the ones whitepony posted are correct for the coil triggers.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Also, your colors don't look correct for '97 mustang the ones whitepony posted are correct for the coil triggers.

Funny late night and I still don't know where I got the Tan colors from..:)
LF ign coil EEC PIN 78 Tan/Lt Green (Pink / White)
LF ign coil EEC PIN 104 Tan/Lt Blue (Red / Yellow)
RT ign coil EEC PIN 26 Tan/White (DK Blue / Lt Green)
RT ign coil EEC PIN 52 Tan/Orange (Red / Lt Blue)

Used a 96 GT Wiring Diagram PCM Pinouts

whiteponygt

Ok there could be the problem when we wired it we wired both neg sides to blue green the tied positive side to both positive 12v, your saying i need to wire b\g to neg side of one from there the postive of 1 goes to neg of 6 then neg of 6 to the 12v?

And correct i used engine harness of 97gt and cop harness from 03 lincoln

And yes mod fox thats the cop diagram i used

Kurt

Yup in a series (blue green)-(coil)+-(coil)+(12v). Sounds like you wired them parallel. Can't do that.

Wired parallel there is a chance you blew the coil drivers out of the ecu. Wire it correctly and try it again. You may have gotten lucky.

Last edited:

whiteponygt

Oh brother liked the thread say one thing after another.. thanks kurt ill try that were getting beat with snow so prolly saturday will be the soonest i get to try it everyone wish me luck, the way this has been going i need it.

whiteponygt

Great news I didn't mess up the coil driver in the computer, got to work on the car a lil today aside from the 12 inchs of snow we was hit with, and low and behold rewired the cop to sequence instead of parallel and believe it or not as shot of starting fluid and she fired wooo hooo, still having an fuel issue but that's minor. Also would like to say going back and looking at the COP diagram again I think we just got to eager to quick cuz if you actually read and don't just go by the pictures it tells you the correct way to wire it. :facepalm:

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Great news I didn't mess up the coil driver in the computer, got to work on the car a lil today aside from the 12 inchs of snow we was hit with, and low and behold rewired the cop to sequence instead of parallel and believe it or not as shot of starting fluid and she fired wooo hooo, still having an fuel issue but that's minor. Also would like to say going back and looking at the COP diagram again I think we just got to eager to quick cuz if you actually read and don't just go by the pictures it tells you the correct way to wire it. :facepalm:
Great news glad you got everything worked out...