• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1982 Mustang 4.6 radiator conversion

cpearson1342

So obviously there are a few different ways to mount the 4.6 radiator in a fox, but for the 82 I decided to do it differently from my 86. The first thing I did was mount the lower radiator brackets from the mach 1 on the 82 and removed the originals. I then made upper radiator mounts out of the uppers from the mach 1, by adding some clip nuts on the inside of the radiator support in factory holes. Lined everything up, squared and got all the measurements correct and welded it together. I decided to tilt the top slightly toward the support, but it can be done to be straight. I plan to make a cover for the radiator that should cover the mounts, but didn't want to rely on that to hold the radiator alone. Here's some pics and I'll add some more after they're smoothed and finished.
uploadfromtaptalk1457722938368.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457722957113.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457722966710.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457722978049.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Great tech. I've never done it that way, but it looks like a decent way to do it.

cpearson1342

Thanks, I didn't want the mounts going over the top if they didn't need to be and definitely didn't want to cut notches in the lip on the top of the radiator support, so I thought this was the best option.