• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

91 Drift Fox 4v 98 cobra swap

Ramiro Casanova

Hey guys thanks for having me here. Any helps is appreciated I'm going to be doing a 4v swap in the new 2 weeks once the weather permits and was looking into the wiring you guys used or did. I want to keep stock fox cluster if I can, if not I can use the the 98 cobra cluster all while re using the cobra under dash wiring and fuse box and such. Any links or write ups would be appreciated guys. Heres some pics of the engine and and car.20170131_190840.jpg MJB_8744-XL.jpg 20170131_190840.jpg MJB_8744-XL.jpg

Gearbox94

I'm in the seat boat as you, looking for some info on the wiring. There's a good thread on the 79-93 4.6 conversion page but it doesn't cover everything.

cpearson1342

I'll try to find a link for you guys where I added all the stuff as attachments, or make a new one. The wiring really depends of how much stuff you're swapping, your level of wiring expertise, etc. so try to list as much as you guys can about your cars and what you're swapping into them and I'll get you most of what you need.

Gearbox94

Hey
I'll try to find a link for you guys where I added all the stuff as attachments, or make a new one. The wiring really depends of how much stuff you're swapping, your level of wiring expertise, etc. so try to list as much as you guys can about your cars and what you're swapping into them and I'll get you most of what you need.

Hey thanks for the reply. So on my build I'm using the complete wiring harness from a 2003 cobra and complete drivetrain. So I'm trying to figure out how to make the headlights, ignition, brake lights, turn signals and wiper/washer work.

cpearson1342

The harness for all of these is separate from the ecu harness, so you can remove the stock fox ecu and harness and leave the wiring and the rest of that stuff. Unless you want to use the whole harness from 2003 cobra for lights and wipers which would be more difficult. The only thing you really need to do with the fox dash and newer ecu is make a jumper harness behind the dash, and use the wire from the fox light harness that is for the starter and splice it into the cobra engine/ engine bay harness

Bill

Staff member
Donator
welcome to the party. It looks like you've already found the right person to help you with wiring. Drifting is hard on every part of a car, but the 4V will handle it pretty well.