• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

93 Cobra clone......

Bignate76

I'm starting this build with a 93 GT hatch and going for a complete 93 cobra clone look. with the exception of a new cobra power plant. 96-2004 just need some advice and ideas on which route to take and which year. looking for around 400- 600 hp , will only be driving the car occasionally.

Last edited:

whiteponygt

Really depends on the budget.if the money is there termy or coyote swap it.be ready to spend between 10,000-20,000 on a clean swap.if you have a moderate budget find a 96-01 cobra our mach 1,this swap can be had for 3000-7000.if your on a budget build look to the mask viii or sohc mustang if you pick up a gt it will have every parts you need for the swap and you well be in the 500-2000 range on that swap good luck looking forward to seeing what you choose

Bignate76

Sweet. Thanks for the reply. probably going to go the terminator route. The whole swap front to back including the IRS. I'll start posting pics the minute I get started. Thanks again.

Get ready to spend some money :) I feel like a constant ATM... Always something with these swaps. 400-500 Hp you can do for relatively cheap, but a low mile engine/tranny combo can get expensive these days and come at a premium.

I started with an IRS and the car wheel hopped like crazy...Swapped that out to a mach1 8.8 and its hooking pretty good now.

Good luck and do your research

whiteponygt

Check out American muscles bamanator they were running like 700 hp with the irs of course they had the full tilt boggoe kit and a bunch of other stuff but it's nasty.

rq323

I got tired of the wheel hop and swapped over to a solid axle on my cobra never looked back I was never a big fan of the irs

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Bignate76

Now moving forward... now have the car will get pics up soon. Have it completely gutted starting with all new insulation (dynamat) all inside. Trying to figure on the cobra IRS and to see if the new 5 lug 93 cobra wheels will fit correctly. Would like them flush with the fender well. Any info on the wheel fitment would be greatly appreciated. Offset is +29.5mm backspacing is 5.9" 17x8.5