• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CCRM deleting

SW

Hi all

Does anyone know if it is possible to suppress CCRM ??
My complete harness comes from The Detail Zone, and PCM has benn tuned to suppress management of cooling fan and fuel pump...
I did not find any information about in elsewhere

regards

Nicolas

modularf

Nicolas,
Make sure we are talking about the same thing..:) Cooling Fan/Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM). Next why would you want to Suppress the CCRM? If I am not mistaken all it is a relay inside of it. Are you having issues with your cooling fan?

[quote author=SW link=topic=127.msg241#msg241 date=1236682386]
Hi all

Does anyone know if it is possible to suppress CCRM ??
My complete harness comes from The Detail Zone, and PCM has benn tuned to suppress management of cooling fan and fuel pump...
I did not find any information about in elsewhere

regards

Nicolas
[/quote]

SW

I thought with computer tuned not to manage cooling fan, i did not need CCRM... that was appropriate to me because i do not have CCRM at home (relay for cooling fan is obviously in CCRM if I am not mistaken)
But i had a look to the DTZ datasheet and I saw i'll need CCRM... (there is the harness with specified plug)... so i just have to buy one... :-\

modularf

[quote author=SW link=topic=127.msg247#msg247 date=1236773273]
I thought with computer tuned not to manage cooling fan, i did not need CCRM... that was appropriate to me because i do not have CCRM at home (relay for cooling fan is obviously in CCRM if I am not mistaken)
But i had a look to the DTZ datasheet and I saw i'll need CCRM... (there is the harness with specified plug)... so i just have to buy one... :-\
[/quote]

I see post pics and keep us posted.. Looking to getting the The Detail Zone harness this week.

myers407

Staff member
Old post but to help clear the air about the CCRM it does control the fan but also many more items on the car. Anyone wou has messed with the old EFI Fox will find the EEC relay under the dash but the Mod cars have none. This is one of the five that has been moved to the CCRM. It will also control the A/C the fuel pump and a few of the heave amp draw body functions. Hope that this helps.

d90212

i removed my ccrm....tied it into the factory relay and supplied power/solder the neccessary wires that needed to be connected....used a high amperage relay for the fan....

main reason i removed it....CCRMs crap out...its only a matter of time when theyll be obsolete...and they cost more than a conventional relay....

d90212

heres a sample page...basically just follow your wiring diagram book for the donor harness and the wiring diagram of the fox your installing it into...

IMG122.jpg

looking at the wiring...pin 24 12 17 needs power in the start or run position