• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fox dash cluster with new edge harness.

92dohcfox

i don't like the way the new edge cluster fits in stock fox dash. i was wondering if anyone has isntalled the fox cluster back in, what is involved. obviously the stock MPH gauge will not work, i was thinking just hole saw where the fox gauge was then install an electric speedo in place of mph gauge then just wire in the rest of gauges gas, temps, oil pressure, alt to new edge harness?? will this work?? it sure would look alot better.

whiteponygt

I used the Fox cluster in my swap,i cut and spliced the Fox plugs onto the an harness it's basically just like you said with the exception of trashing your Speedo svtfox said in his thread he just got a longer speedo cable and used a Fox speedo sensor you won't have cruise control,or I remember reading somewhere on here about a sensor they sell I think it as speed to spare said they sold it,but I will convert the cable drive to an electronic signal for the vss.

92dohcfox

Appreciate the reply, awesome. I will buy electronic speedo and do this. Few more q's. Do you have new edge gas tank and sending unit? Any issues with obd2 port with communication etc.? I have pats turned off so I would think wouldnt matter.

whiteponygt

I used a 96 as my donor and the tanks are exactly the same I transplanted the fuel lines from my donor also basically when I was for my donor was a shell minus a few brackets

92dohcfox

cool, thanks, i'm going to order an electronic speedo and go from there, should look good, and mostly stock.

92dohcfox

For the tach, do i have to use a tach adapter, i'm parking the car and wanting to swap the clusters now.

Speedtospare

I sued a cable x for the speedp. It convers the VSS signal off the ecu to a mechanical cable. I used a tach adapter for the oem tach, Fuel tank is all fox, volts, oil pressure, and temp work. Mod motors run hotter than fox so your gauges will read a little high.

Im swapping out to autometer cluster from Florida 5.0 next summer

92dohcfox

this has been a while, but I removed stock fox speedo. hole sawed stock face plate and installed extronic speedo where the stock mechanical speedo goes, and got the tach translator. questions. I found the wiring diagrams here on the forums which is great. but on the 2001 cluster wiring, I don't see speed signal ?? is it bused over therefore I have to get directly from speed sensor wiring harness from the trans??