• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hydroboost on fox rack

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The rack will work fine. There are a couple of builds on here that used the fox rack.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The TRW racks were also used for the straight six fox bodies. In the early Fox Mustangs, Ford put a straight six as an option. I've only seen a couple of them, but very little is the same. I always thought I might build one someday as an oddball build.

92dohcfox

i used the stock fox rack with my build, even used the pressure line, re-bent some of it with tubing bender and installed in to hydrobooster and it worked! looks factory too.

cpearson1342

i used the stock fox rack with my build, even used the pressure line, re-bent some of it with tubing bender and installed in to hydrobooster and it worked! looks factory too.

That's what I did with my 86, but I'll be switching to the mach 1 rack soon

Speedtospare

I have the mach 1 rack and hydroboost installed. You need to cut the rod end but that about it. Best thing is there is not "wreeeeeee" power steering pump sound like the fox has.

92dohcfox

I have the mach 1 rack and hydroboost installed. You need to cut the rod end but that about it. Best thing is there is not "wreeeeeee" power steering pump sound like the fox has.

why do you have to cut?? Is the body longer than fox rack?? Could you just switch out the inner tie rods?? Is the rack better??

cpearson1342

You can use the inner and outer tie rod ends from fox on the later racks and it should work perfectly, that's how mine are set up. The later racks are supposed to be better, but he's referring to the noise they make when you turn with the fox racks. The cobra racks apparently have better feedback, but I couldn't really tell you a difference, we have a cobra.

92dohcfox

You can use the inner and outer tie rod ends from fox on the later racks and it should work perfectly, that's how mine are set up. The later racks are supposed to be better, but he's referring to the noise they make when you turn with the fox racks. The cobra racks apparently have better feedback, but I couldn't really tell you a difference, we have a cobra.
I have a fox rack on my hydoboost setup. The noise he is referring to comes from the stock type fox power steering pump. Which is caused by lack of maintenance. Mine is noise free.