• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Installing hydroboost into my 88 question

svt dave

I've read all the other hydroboost threads in this section but still am a bit unsure about this installation. I've got the hydroboost unit from an 03 cobra mounted in my 88 fox now I need to figure out the lines and pro portioning valve and I also want to include a line lock. The 2 lines coming out of the master cylinder are different sizes which makes impossible to connect to the original prop valve even if I change the fittings to standard thread. Or I can use the cobra prop valve but I dont thinks that would work with my original drum brake set up. What would be the easiest way to make this work?
Thanks for any advise

whiteponygt

A couple have used the newer proportion valve with the drum breaks you just have to get a valve to adjust the pressure front to back.

bigjohnsondohc

not sure if you found an answer yet or if this helps but I gutted the stock porportioning valve and used a newer/adjustable one for the rear lines