• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

k member question

bigjohnsondohc

I cant really seem to find a brand that has the specs I am looking for but does anyone know a tubular k member for a foxbody that accepts a modular motor, stock a arms and lowering springs (not coil overs) and one that doesnt alter the wheel base. I dont want coil overs and it seems that you have to run coil overs on all the tubular designs.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
AJE offers tubular control arms with stock spring configuration. Most tubular K-members do not accept stock control arms without some modification to the arm. To run stock arms you have to trim the lip behind the bushings so that the arm can pivot freely. Then you need to box the arm to replace the strength you removed by trimming the tolled lip. No need to run coil overs if you don't want to.

cpearson1342

We have a UPR k-member for mod swap and it worked decently. I like the quality, but it is $400. As for the wheelbase, I don't think it made a difference from stock but I'm not completely sure as we haven't put the fenders back on or measured, so I would call and ask about it. We had to push the bushing sleeves to one side more and grind off the teeth from the inner sleeve, along with modifying the motor mount to move to engine forward more. Seems like a good setup though, just needs some work to get it right. I'll get some pictures if you're interested.