• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

k member questions

shaun.b

I have a 79 pace car and I'm putting a 96 2v 4.6 in it mated to a 01 mustang tr3650 transmission, the question I'm wondering is that will a v6 k member from the 96 on up model be able to bolt a 4.6 to it or do I need the gt/cobra model? I've looked at my local junk yard with no luck on v8 models and v6 models so if the v6 will work I'll just use that as that's all that I'm missing.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm sorry I missed this as a new post. You will need the GT/Cobra model if you plan to use a factory style K-member. Ford used a 3.8 liter V6 (Windsor pushrod motor) through 2004. The motor mount spacing and the forward balance don't match the Modmotors.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Check with Flores Auto Wrecking in Eagle Pass. Any 96 to 04 GT K member will work fine. 99-04 is changed slightly, with a better geometry, but it will all bolt together with the right adjustment.