• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

(Mark VIII) - Should I Buy a Mark VIII AND a Mustang as Donors?

modularf

Often I have been asked:

Why not buy the Mark VIII for the motor, trans, IRS and wiring� and also buy an old Mustang for all the other parts?

I would suggests against this for several reasons:
The Lincoln WILL have a major portion of the little bits and pieces you need. Sensors, Hardware, brake lines, fittings, clamps, hoses, grommets, wiring, etc. In many cases the hardware will be identical to what is supplied on the Mustang.
The amount of work dealing with two donors would not be worth the cost , logistics and effort to buy a second Mustang donor.
What you would pay for a second Mustang donor will cost MORE than buying the needed Mustang items NEW or rebuilt and with the donor you still have used parts that have to be cleaned, reconditioned, etc.
I have found online sources for NEW Mustang radiators as low as $100 shipped. NEW electric radiator fan /shroud assemblies for $98 shipped. These prices are just slightly more than what some yards are asking for USED parts.
EBay will supply MANY parts you need for less than the same parts from a donor�without the hassle.
Go to www.car-part.com and search for salvage yards. You would be amazed how many yards can supply the few non-critical parts that don�t need to be new�for far less than buying a complete donor. The yard I found had 94-95 Mustang spindles for $17 and hubs for $20 with Mustang hydro boosters for $35.
Don�t get hung up on the need of a Mustang Donor. Between the Mark VIII donor, eBay, forum vendors, online sources, and a local salvage yard�you can locate everything you need. And save a great deal of building cost in the process.

Kerry

jack herry

Regular preventive maintenance is probably the single thing you can do as a car owner to keep your ride happy and save money on repairs in the future. However, not everyone agrees on what preventive maintenance is, what you should do, and when you should do it. Let's clear that up, and give you some tips that'll apply to any vehicle.

………………………………………………….

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Jack. I think that PM is great, but will be tough to nail down for the cars on this site. Drag cars require specifically different maintenance from Autocross or Open Track cars (or other applications). Very few of these cars fall within any kind of manufacturer's specs. Aftermarket products all have different life expectancies, which are affected by driving application. If you want to make generalized recommendations, don't forget that these guys are all builders. The members here cover 20+ years of varied engine design, 250 to 1000+ hp, bare bones swaps to elaborate builds, coast to coast and border to beyond-border climate needs, etc. Generalizations for lubricant and coolant technology, fuel additives, tire ware, even wax are going to vary widely. I would be really surprised if PM knowledge is lacking in anyone that is willing to take on the kind of modifications that would attract them to our little corner of the web.