• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new member just starting my 4v swap into my 79 cobra

Ive been doing alot of reading on here the past couple weeks. And i finally decided to pick up a 4v from a 98 lincoln mark viii. I have a k member from a 96 cobra, along with the matching rear end. i plan to use a T45 trans that i just got as well. I cant wait to get started on it! Are the wiring diagrams from a cobra and a mark viii the same? I will post pics and progress on here very soon. Thanks for the add im glad to be apart of this group.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi and welcome to the site. The wiring harnesses are not the same. Once you have enough posts to see the wiring diagrams on this site, you'll be able to plan a bit more. The k-member you picked will work great. It will need a bit of work on the back side, but nothing you can't handle. There are lots of pictures of different ways to do that on here. The T45 is a good choice, particularly with the Mark VIII engine. Dig in and make yourself at home. Start a build thread and post up some pics.

Hi and welcome to the site. The wiring harnesses are not the same. Once you have enough posts to see the wiring diagrams on this site, you'll be able to plan a bit more. The k-member you picked will work great. It will need a bit of work on the back side, but nothing you can't handle. There are lots of pictures of different ways to do that on here. The T45 is a good choice, particularly with the Mark VIII engine. Dig in and make yourself at home. Start a build thread and post up some pics.
will do thank you for the reply. I cant wait to get started on this. I would like to have it done by mid april or early may of this year.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Ive been doing alot of reading on here the past couple weeks. And i finally decided to pick up a 4v from a 98 lincoln mark viii. I have a k member from a 96 cobra, along with the matching rear end. i plan to use a T45 trans that i just got as well. I cant wait to get started on it! Are the wiring diagrams from a cobra and a mark viii the same? I will post pics and progress on here very soon. Thanks for the add im glad to be apart of this group.
make sure to post lots of pics

well i bought the ron francis mark viii wiring kit today. I think it will make for a quicker and cleaner more professional like installation. Plus i plan on flogging on the car pretty hard at some autocross events so this should help insure no electrical issues.

I decided to save up a little money and get the maximum motorsports k member for the 4v. This was my plan back in october before i had the 4v idea. I want the k member for weight loss and better geometry. Im also going to run there LCA and coilovers. My car will see alot of autocross events. Ill be running CAM-T