• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Progress on my Zephyr

massacre

Donator
Seems like the new yoke helped. Also have been straightening the cowl little by little with the port a power and blocks of wood. Discovered that my hood is bent, going to have to figure out a way to straighten it. Thinking of ratchet straps and blocks of might might do it.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I've used blocks to fix sprung hoods or hoods that didn't sit quite right. Take some pics. That seems to be a common problem on these cars.

massacre

Donator
That's the plan. I think the cowl is almost good enough to mount the hood. Pass side is tough because of the "top hat" for the vent.

massacre

Donator
Well i was finally able to get the Zephyr back together. Fabricated some custom attachments for my slide hammer to straighten the firewall around the hinge pockets, had to shim the hood on one side.
It is still damaged, but it's good enough to drive the car and pass inspection.

massacre

Donator
KNUHY5.jpg

looks OK from 20 feet

Last edited:

massacre

Donator
Recently had to do some work on the car. I had been having a belt squeal issue on startup for a long time now, even when this engine was in a different chassis before. I have no AC, and instead of using a delete pulley, i short-belted the FEAD by using the "al pappito" belt routing. I finally got sick of this noise, and thought it was the alternator. Replaced alternator and the noise changed, but did not go away. Decided to bite the bullet and just get a new delete pulley, new idler and new tensioner with a stock sized belt. Noise went away finally thank god.
I also had to separate a vacuum tee into 2 different sources for the Holley, ended up improving things a bit. And drilled and tapped my TB for a 1/4"-20 throttle blade adjustment screw. The stock adjustment screw was very hard to adjust and the threads were questionable.
I now have a weird issue where the fuel pump will prime but i have no pressure during cranking. This is new, never happened before. So looking into that now.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Recently had to do some work on the car. I had been having a belt squeal issue on startup for a long time now, even when this engine was in a different chassis before. I have no AC, and instead of using a delete pulley, i short-belted the FEAD by using the "al pappito" belt routing. I finally got sick of this noise, and thought it was the alternator. Replaced alternator and the noise changed, but did not go away. Decided to bite the bullet and just get a new delete pulley, new idler and new tensioner with a stock sized belt. Noise went away finally thank god.
I also had to separate a vacuum tee into 2 different sources for the Holley, ended up improving things a bit. And drilled and tapped my TB for a 1/4"-20 throttle blade adjustment screw. The stock adjustment screw was very hard to adjust and the threads were questionable.
I now have a weird issue where the fuel pump will prime but i have no pressure during cranking. This is new, never happened before. So looking into that now.
Did you take any pics of the throttle blade mod?