• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator to Fox Racecar bare bones wiring- need guidance

finallya68

I picked up a low mileage 2003 Cobra with T56 and full wire harness and radiator, coolers, hydroboost brakes, etc. I am putting it in an 86 road course car. I see several posts about trying to convert everything over so the fox dash works and A/C etc. I am interested in just the bare basics to get the motor running. The A/C will be stripped off and the only thing left will be the power steering. I plan to use all aftermarket gauges. I know the PATS has to be disabled but can anyone guide me to details on how to use the factory harness and how much of it I need to retain.

cpearson1342

I would suggest using the stock fox dash harness along with the headlight harness, and taking the 03 engine harness and taking whatever wiring you don't need out of it, which could include headlight wiring, evap wiring, etc. I have a harness behind my dash that links the 86 dash harness to the 03 engine harness/computer. Just make sure when you do power for the pcm, you use a large enough gauge wire that you don't get a voltage drop (something I didn't do). If you follow these wiring diagrams you should only have a few more wires you need to jump over, and the a/c control is only one wire going from the heater control to the connector by the pcm.

Attachments

• 46_harness_mod.pdf
    599.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Modular_Wiring.pdf
    963.3 KB · Views: 46