• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tuning Options

cdog02mustgt

I am almost to the point I am in need of a quick tune for my modfox. The car runs pretty good, but I have removed a lot of emissions stuff and would like to disable PATS.

First of all I have never done any tuning myself but would like to try it if it would be more cost effective. Anyone have any recommendations? Or anyone the recommend?
I also have a locked x2 laying around. I thought about getting it unlocked and getting some basic tunes on it.

I am just looking to do something to tune out the crap I have removed and disable PATS.

cpearson1342

I have the x4 from bama and they tune for o/r mid pipe and disable pats, but can't get rid of the code that I get since I removed the fuel tank purge solenoid

Speedtospare

I went with an SCT chip and a custom tune. Stay away from canned tunes as they never work out right. My bone stock with TB and cai, stock manifolds with x pipe, Aviator engine with a mach 1 intake make 302 whp and 302 TQ. Keep in mind that full emissions egr, cats etc. I have an eaton swap on the car now and its tuned for 87 octane and 91 on the flip chip.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
SCT is my preference as well. I've used canned tunes for start up, but put them on the dyno once they are ready. Check with your local tuner. They can probably fix you up.