• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What do i need to pull off of mark viii parts car?

1984MuleLx

I have a lincoln mark 8 parts car. Im goimg to pull the motor and trans for my swap. Will the wire harness work for my swap, will the trans fit under my car, what all do i need to pull? Im already pulling the motor and trans, the fan, the radiator, and the wiring in the engine bay, do i also need the dash wiring, will any of it even work with the swap.

1984MuleLx

I need of immediate advice, i was getting the motor and tranny ready to come out tonight. I noticed the back freeze plug is missing. Does this mean the block is cracked or is in some way junk?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. The motor and transmission from the Lincoln can be used for your swap. You can use the engine harness, the tranny harness, and some bits and pieces relating to making everything work form under the dash. I am certainly not the wiring guy, but there are a couple on here that are good at that kind of thing. The answer to the wiring question also depend on what year the donor car is. As for your freeze plug, a pushed out freeze plug is never a good sign, but it does not mean your engine is junk. No one on here will really be able to tell you if the block is cracked, although there are ways to pressure test the water system to see. You can make some educated assumptions based on the condition of the oil, spark plugs, etc. Dig in and make yourself at home. Post up some pics when you can.