• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wiring help!

jonb347

Hey guys. I am doing wiring now. I have the dashes out of the mach 1 and my car as well as the wiring except for the headlight harness and underseat body harnesses. What should I be using? I want to use the Mach 1 cluster in the fox dash. Should I swap all the wiring over or should I hack stuff up or what? The swap has been great so far with no headaches until now.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
welcome @jonb347 hope you enjoy your stay.. Someone should be chiming in soon also once you get ten post there will be alot of more information on wiring...

FuturaGuy

Staff member
Before anyone can give you some help on what to do, let's take a step or two back and find out what you're starting with and where you want to go. You say you want to put a Mach 1 cluster in your Fox dash. What kind of Fox, an '87-'93 aero or a '79-86 Four Eye? I've never done it so maybe someone else will chime in and tell you whether or not the Mach 1 cluster will even fit the aero dash. It definitely won't fit in a Four Eye. Are you going to keep all your underhood wiring and adapt the Mod Motor to it, or are you going to use all Modular wiring under the hood? If you go all Modular under the hood, that makes connecting to the SN-95 dash wiring a lot easier. Assuming the cluster fits the dash, you still have to connect the dash wiring to the instruments, lights, heater, etc., and then connect that to the rest of the car.

Regardless of which way you go, you'll want to keep the cutting and hacking down to the absolute minimum. And whatever you do, WRITE DOWN what you did so you can troubleshoot it and fix it in the future.

Never done this before, BUT if I were you and had all the Wiring from the Mach1. I would just swap it all into the Fox. I believe that would be easier than splicing into Original fox harness