• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'88 GT ready for wiring

my apologies, i'm excited about getting started on my swap and thought i might have found the diagram on a part that i am unsure of

89DirtCoupe

It took a while but here's the wiring diagram and a picture of the finished harness I made to mate the '88 dash to the Modular wiring. (I apologize for the wiring diagram being upside down. One edge of the paper was wrinkled and when I went to scan it, the scanner tried to eat it. Flipped it over to the good end and and it worked O.K.)

Connectors C213, C216, and C259 all connect to their counterparts on the Modular computer harness. The Modular harness also has a fourth connector, C202, which is a round white connector with provision for 4 pins. In non-California cars, there is only one pin, circuit 29, a yellow and white wire that connects to the gas gauge. Not having the mate to C202, I ran the yellow and white wire to a vacant hole in C216.

On the other end of the harness, I used an 11-pin connector (with 5 blanks) that I labelled C1108. The two halves of the connector came from the damaged harnesses from the donor car, and was the connector (C108) behind the right head light that connects the computer harness and the fuse box harness. The eleven wires shown connected thru C1108, with one exception, come from the bundle in the '88 dash that used to go thru the firewall next to the steering column. C135 mates to the green 8-pin connector from the dash and goes behind the passenger kick panel to feed the old computer. C245 goes to another small jumper harness that connects to C243 and C244 in the dash. Those normally connect to a module used only on the 5.0 GT's, otherwise they dead-end. C232 is the port for the OBD-II diagnostics. Since I'm re-wiring the entire car, I put that connector in the center console where it's easy to reach.

It made a very neat installation (some people on this board seeing the photo of the harness said it looked OEM - I'll take that as a compliment) and the underhood wiring is completely stock. The local Ford dealer actually has done some work on my car since the Mod Motor was installed and they had no trouble with it. It was just like working on a Mustang.

I think this is exactly what I've been looking for!