• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Norfolknova 66 F100 modular conversion and full Restomod build

norfolknova

I just hope it does not rain too much this week so I can get back to where the bed is stored. If the ground is too wet I will not be able to get back there. i am kind of excited to get the bed on and see how it will look lowered

matt

norfolknova

8Mar14
So despite not being able to keep to my original game plan for the day because of yesterdays Monsoon I still went out to work on my 66, I added another larger gusset to the IRS mount and built a cross member for it.
I also picked up some KrudKutter rust inhibitor/converter that was recommended by some one here local to me. It seems to work very well, I will have to pick up some more to finish the frame and get some frame paint from Eastwood.

Here are the pics of today progress

I also tore down the lower end of the 351W. After getting the pistons out a couple fo the pistons showed possible signs of detonation. So I will replace all of the pistons just to feel better about the build I gave the cylinders a light hone to see if I could keep the budget intact and they came out decent.

Matt

norfolknova

No major progress the last couple of weeks. Last weekend I was sick and slept most of Saturday away. This weekend I did get some upper shock mounts fabbed up for the rear suspension, but the monsoon we had kept me from getting them mounted on the truck. I did get some measurements to try to figure out how I am going to mount the gas filler behind one of the tail lights, I need to get out to pick and pull and pick up a filler door off of a late model F-150 or newer car. I also want to find a newer style roof mount antnna to put on the truck, plus I want to find newer style door handles to put on the truck. I think those 3 mods will smooth out the lines of the truck

Matt

norfolknova

5Apr14
I got out today and cut most of the floor out of the bed of the truck. I left he cross members intact as they hold up the outer skins of the bed up. I still need to remove the bed floor from the cross members, but that is for next week. I also got the rear suspension upper shock mounts tacked on and installed the shocks. Now I need to get off my duff and get this aluminum and copper scrap over to the salvage yard so I can have a place to put the new to tme bed floor once I go to pick n pull and cut one out. I also need to get the hubs over to the machine shop and have them drilled for the 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern.

norfolknova

Sorry I have not updated lately everyone. I started a new job about 6 weeks ago , then I ha a 96 Mustang GT project fall into my lap that I could not pass up. Picked that up for $600 with a blown head gasket. I am hoping to flip that to help fun the truck. If it does not sell I just use it for parts (computer wiring harness an what ever else I may need) for the truck

Matt

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Thanks for the update Matt. A truck will likely be my next project, so I'm very interested.

norfolknova

I have the cab back on, looking like a truck again, I lot of work to go though. I am sure the sheetmetal will have to come off and go back on again though. With the cab back on I can see just how far back I can move the engine, looks like 4" I still need to put in the cab mounts to get the exact measurement so I can fab up the brackets.

Here are a few pics for everyones viewing pleasure

I dont know if it is just the angle or the color difference between the bed and the and cab, but the bed sure look really long

norfolknova

What year is your Mark VIII engine? If it is an earlier one make sure you get the IMRC's that go with the cobra Intake, they are shaped different than the Lincoln IMRC's. If it is a 97-98 Lincoln I believe the IMRC's are the same. The main reason I switched was purely for aesthetics. The Lincoln intake is butt ugly. You can also find after market sheet metal intakes online used for a decent price, but you would still probably need the Cobra IMRC's. You can also buy IMRC delete plates if you are having trouble finding the Cobra IMRC's

bjmayberry2

My Mark VIII engine is a 94. Thanks for the IMRC heads up. I agree with the "Butt Ugly" comment. Will you lose any MPG with the intake change? Are you going to burn regular or premium gas? I'm not too hung up on POWER I just like the reliability and look of the DOHC set up.