• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

08 gt dash swap in a 92 drop top can it be done

92dropfox

i can get a 08 gt dash panel and console and i want to put in a 92 gt drop i know it will not be easy but can it be done

d90212

where theres a will...theres a way...it all depends on your drive...either to have someone do it if your incapable or your own personal skills...

Svt Fox

Staff member
Here's a coupe with an entire GT500 swap.

9a9udege.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
i wonder how he did the gauges? cause i can find the dash for a decent price?
This guy done the intire swap motor trans and all. He even cut the whole floor out of the donor car and welded in the coupe. I dont know how to do the guages with out doing the intire harness change, i know thats know help lol, sorry

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It can be done without all that. There are several S197 interior swaps out there that use the same process we use for the SN95 interior. The GT500 motor is a bit taller, but you can solve that problem by adjusting the geometry of the Kmember. You give up just a bit of ground clearance at the outer tie rod ends, but that also depends on your wheel choice.

whiteponygt

It was on EBay. The guy wanted a a lot if money for it. It was well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I didn't keep them, as I'm not doing that swap. Google and Yahoo are you friends. Do a Google search for the swap and hit the image link for the search results. that will help.