• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2011 gt500 tach signal

HCOR

I've searched the sight the web and talked with MSD and Autometer to no avail. I swapped a 2011 gt500 engine and stock pcm into my 1986 notch, build the harness and it runs fine, tuned and almost everything works. I can not figure out how to get the tach to work. I tried an MSD DIS tach adapter it didn't do anything( I assume its good no one knows how to test them) tried the #25 pin on center plug of pcm thats posted for the 08/09 shelbys and that didn't work. does anyone know for sure how to make the stock 86 tach work with this engine/pcm?

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I've searched the sight the web and talked with MSD and Autometer to no avail. I swapped a 2011 gt500 engine and stock pcm into my 1986 notch, build the harness and it runs fine, tuned and almost everything works. I can not figure out how to get the tach to work. I tried an MSD DIS tach adapter it didn't do anything( I assume its good no one knows how to test them) tried the #25 pin on center plug of pcm thats posted for the 08/09 shelbys and that didn't work. does anyone know for sure how to make the stock 86 tach work with this engine/pcm?

Welcome to the site. Your trying to get the 86 Tach to work with the 2011 GT500 stock pcm?