• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4 Intake manifold options??

Fastertbird

Hey I was wondering what is available for aftermarket intake manifolds for the 5.4 DOHC engines. From what I have researched, it seems that there is not much out there besides the Sullivan manifold. Just looking at my options right now and more info.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You might consider adapter plates given you application http://modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/5-4-intake-manifold-options.1948/
There are others out there. MMR can also build a custom manifold to meet the exact needs of your build. The plates would give you a variety of options for manifolds if you find one at a good price. At 1000hp w/twins on a 5.4, you're getting into the realm of custom work. Have you considered doing a stroked 4.6 with a Teksid block and tumble port heads? I think you could get to your hp goal a lot cheaper and faster, and have a lighter combination in the end. Don't get me wrong. The 5.4 is a good combination, and there are some really awesome parts out there. I wouldn't discourage you from going the 5.4 route if the budget permits.

Fastertbird

Well I got a 5.0 with twins to fit so I am sure I can figure out away to make it all fit.

photo.php

Attachments

• 1491428_10152010140712347_699322135_o.jpg
    1491428_10152010140712347_699322135_o.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Fastertbird

I have seen a lot of guys run a tubular K-member so they can front mount the turbos and then run the exhaust out through the k-member where the coil springs use to be. What I would like to do is change the front suspension to a SLA (Short Long Arm) suspension so I can remove the strut towers and run the exhaust through where the strut towers use to be. This is a common practice on the older 60's mustangs from what I have read so they can even get a mod motor in the engine bay at all.

Fastertbird

Yea that is exactly what I want to do. I was looking at using this K-member from Afco http://www.afcodynapro.com/AFCO/466652529 and then making custom upper and lower control arms that are similar to the link you posted and run some short coil-overs. I really like this K-member because you can run many different engines and all you have to change is the mounts instead of the whole K-member. This is the SLA suspension that Griggs Racing sells but it is way over priced. http://www.griggsracing.com/popup_image.php?pID=434&image=0&osCsid=aa8e0fdc17c6414921ec73a88c34cca7 As a Mechanical Engineer myself, I think I can design and build my own for much cheaper that will fit the T-bird chassis specifically.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are certainly many options. The thing with Griggs is that you get what you pay for. They've already done all the development and testing. Griggs SLAs win races. It pretty much depends on what you want to do with the car. If you are looking to show off your personal engineering prowess, as well as your fabricating skills, building your own is not a bad idea. For most, even serious hobbyists, that simply isn't an option. RCM uses more of a Mustang II style suspension, which is also common in the circle track and street rod communities.