• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4 modular wiring

Quicksilver

I am looking to do a 5.4 mod swap into a 91 fox. I have the 2011 drop out of a GT500 and all of the wiring harness from that car. Do I need to buy the ford racing wiring harness for this swap? so far everything I read says to by the ford control pack. I have the dash and key from the donor car also.

I do recommend using it for the ease of it. I would make a decision soon though as I believe it will not be around much longer. Sales on that controls pack and the 4.6 3V kit have fallen dramatically.

Quicksilver

I do recommend using it for the ease of it. I would make a decision soon though as I believe it will not be around much longer. Sales on that controls pack and the 4.6 3V kit have fallen dramatically.
I have noticed the control packs going up in price, I also see some places out of stock or discontinuing. I thank I will go ahead and order it. Thanks.

Quicksilver

Ordered the control pack and update wire kit for the 2011 that I have. Got it all ordered through summit. I found the best price that I could then called summit and they beat it and matched the free shipping. Looking forward to getting everything soon and starting on the build.

Quicksilver

I was able to order the wiring from summit and they price matched the best price I could find on the internet and beat it by $1.00 but I did get the incorrect part the first time but they got it corrected quickly.

HCOR

are the pcms different? the one from the kit and the factory one from car? I have a factory pcm with pats removed and a factory harness, could I use the kits diagram to make my harness or are the pin outs different?

HCOR

so taking stock harness and copying the control pack harness will run with stock pcm?? the control pack diagram is a lot easier with than the factory harness diagrams

The fuel pump wiring is different because we do not use a fuel pump driver module with ours. I am not sure off hand if there are any other changes.

HCOR

i was going to wire fuel pump from fox wiring and not through pcm. does it need to go through pcm?