• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4L Modular to carburetor Intake

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Alright everyone, I have been asked about this and it looks like it is getting harder and harder to find an intake to convert EFI to Carburetor...

Sullivan Performance Discontinued it

images.jpg
www.sullivanperformance.com
discontinued.JPG

If you all know something different please post up...

Thank you..

Think it might be due to finding a hood that will fit..:)

carb54.JPG

mmfp_0712_01_z+dyno_testing_.jpg

81 DOHC Coupe

I was wanting to swap in a 5.4 DOHC but found they same thing no aftermarket intake manifolds although I was wanting to put a aftermarket FI kit on it. Looks like it will make this swap a lot harder. Wonder why Sullivan would discontinue?

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I was wanting to swap in a 5.4 DOHC but found they same thing no aftermarket intake manifolds although I was wanting to put a aftermarket FI kit on it. Looks like it will make this swap a lot harder. Wonder why Sullivan would discontinue?
not enough wants for that intake...

dangerzone

I talked with Scott @ Sullivan about 2 months ago when I ordered my 4.6 intake. I was also under the impression that the 5.4 intakes were discontinued but he told me that was just an internet rumor!! The machine did break down for the 5.4 stuff but is back running and will be available very soon if not already..

Svt Fox

Staff member
I talked with Scott @ Sullivan about 2 months ago when I ordered my 4.6 intake. I was also under the impression that the 5.4 intakes were discontinued but he told me that was just an internet rumor!! The machine did break down for the 5.4 stuff but is back running and will be available very soon if not already..

Not disputing your intell Jason but, I don't think it was just an Internet rumor.

Here is a pic taken today @12:50 pm, of their website showing the 5.4 being listed as discontinued... :(

Regardless, I hope you are right!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370454690.275038.jpg

Svt Fox

Staff member
-update-

I just spoke with Sullivan performance! They are still on track to start producing the 5.4 intake again, before the end of the year!

With a shortage of intake choices for our chosen power plants, this is GREAT news!

NightStalker

I would do one more like the Boss intake vs the Sullivan, better for the daily driven street car...

Sullivan is supposed going to start making them again

Memphis Modular

MMR Adapter Plates for 5.4 DOHC to Coyote intake manifolds.
These Simple adapters allow the use of ANY Coyote Manifold on a 5.4 with 4V engine/heads. Works with 03/04 Cobra heads, Navigator heads and Ford GT/GT500 heads . Works with MMR Road Runner, Boss, Ford Racing Cobra Jet etc. manifolds. 100% CNC machined, USA made 1/2 inch 6061 Billet aluminum. Includes hardware. See MMR Part # 444841 adapter to use round style cable actuated throttle body.

5.4%20to%20coyote%20adapters.jpg

5.4%20to%20coyote%20adapters%20installed.jpg

5.4%20to%20coyote%20adpaters%20installed%202.jpg