• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

83 GT swapping a 97GT

83gt4.6

Ok so I'm getting a 97gt wrecked and I wanna swap everything into my 83 GT. I'm new to this so I really don't know where to start.

cpearson1342

You should start by deciding how much money you want to spend on it, what exactly you want to swap(wiring, pedals, etc), maybe what you are missing from either cars, and experience level. So we will know what kinda stuff to tell you to buy, or what stuff you can reuse, such as the stock k-member and how to swap stuff depending on your experience

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Ok so I'm getting a 97gt wrecked and I wanna swap everything into my 83 GT. I'm new to this so I really don't know where to start.
Welcome to the site. Virtually everything from your 97 can be transplanted to your 83, but he is right. Now is a good time to cash a reality check. One of the biggest mistakes new builders make is trying to make a bunch of upgrades and patchworks right of the bat. My recommendation is to plan the build based on what you plan to use the car for. The more you can use off the 97 and keep everything the same, the easier it will be. You can always make upgrades later. Tell us a bit about yourself and your ride so we can get to know you. We would love to help point you in the right direction.