• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 4vtt swap from 96 cobra build thread

DOHCfoxLX

Been doing alot of here and there work still can't figure out why it won't run the fuel pump or crank over with the key and also my reverse lights don't come on even though the harness is in
1f2ccd2b60ba9dc58a092f242340610d.jpg
a82c579f57f67ee8a22826cdffe443af.jpg
6a487e9abbfb14a98d12aa3b333ace70.jpg

whiteponygt

Is the switch plugged in on the trans for the back up lights, and car is looking good ,curious to see how much power she makes.

DOHCfoxLX

So I figured out all of my starting and lighting issues it was one plug in the right side kick panel underneath the computer oddly enough I found it while trouble shooting the passenger front marker lights also if you remove the remote signal box in the rear of the car it causes a no start issue also found that out the hard way but its sitting at the tuners waiting for its turn on the dyno and I'm at work anxious and impatient wanting it to be ready to pick up

DOHCfoxLX

16dade5aa62c1fcd6ad1eea1b9f22aab.jpg

Couple of buddy's helped roll it up onto the trailer actually got it to start for about half a second before I pulled the key didn't wanna chance it with the new injectors and maf

DOHCfoxLX

Oh and with an aje k-member and sve rear control arms I had to have my driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft shortened 1&1/8 inch to get it to fit properly cost me 160 bucks that I wasn't happy about

dondo84svo

Put the intake manifolds and injectors and fuel rails put the passenger side turbo header on waiting to do the drivers side till I get the gt oil filter adaptor and the oil filter relocation kit on and I verified my belt routing with all manual brakes and steering (yes I know my water pump pulley is missing a bolt gotta get another one from work tomorrow
04fbc4f3afb87e30d8bae5945f9f02c7.jpg
74c3255c9399de0dc5a17c59d2f4d25b.jpg
0aeebb6e1b20c6e1a761f47b4dbbec71.jpg
c504804dfecd155d97a7b9e44b4cb548.jpg
edcc40ff9e0297cc7b56a098fe65a560.jpg
070f92db89ba209d34c05b805bb5807e.jpg

Did you make the headers yourself?

DOHCfoxLX

No they came with the on3 kit and not without some hassle the car is fmc now made 423hp&420ftlbs of torque on 4.9 psi and 17° base timing not happy with how the downpipes hang on this kit way to low and took some fab to get the mid pipe to fit also the cat back that on3 is selling sucks fitment issues and the clamps don't work worth a damn get what you pay for ig

DOHCfoxLX

9f9c50a35505e5b3fab7d7284e655669.jpg
2a70dbfa5c63810047c1b21a0305cdd5.jpg
time slip and dyno sheet my tuner said he had to reel it in by pulling timing to keep it from making to much power for the bottom end

Speedtospare

Should be able to handle a another PSI or two. I'm running 9 psi and 460 whp for 3 seasons on a WAP non forged setup. Ran 11.50@122 spinning 1-2.

DOHCfoxLX

It probably would but we're running no boost controller alittle more timing would make alittle more power but its pretty darn nuts as it is I'll leave it alone till I build the bottom end and get .82 exhaust housings ball bearings then I'll add a good boost controller and see where it goes from there but all of that will be after I get back from Germany

myers407

Staff member
Very nice build. I am running a near stock 2valve from a 2002 GT and it can be a bit interesting on damp pavement, great job.

DOHCfoxLX

8879d9c9e1e085beae6af24ade012a71.jpg

So after a best time of 11.4Xish (don't have the time slip in front of me and never making a clean pass due to a clutch burning out and then the stocker t45 taking a dump I mistook a timing tensioner allowing the chain to slap alittle for a spun rod bearing and this was the result its at my dad's shop now and I'm getting ready to follow the army to Germany so the plan is 5.3 stroker CG fab turbo kit to go high mount not as sleeper but less pain in the ass and determine whether my heads will survive if they do they will get an MHS stage four job and the intake will be port matched if not I'm gonna move to c heads with a Sullivan while I'm gone cage and through floor subframes will go in and the body work will be done with a new coat of paint in blue flame also on the list is a Ttop conversion from a shell I have at my dad's lots to come I know this thread is practically dead but I plan on posting as it happens goal is 1k+ HP car true Street tire monster when it's done no shortcuts this time

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Thank you for your service. Stay safe on deployment. We'll be here when you get back.

DOHCfoxLX

Thank you for your service. Stay safe on deployment. We'll be here when you get back.
It's a pcs this time 3 years while I'm gone my dad is going to be doing all of the body work and the Ttop conversion so I'll post pics of that as I get them but hopefully shortly after I return I will have a monster on my hands

Speedtospare

Good luck with the build.I would stay away from the 5.3 stroke and just leave it a straight 4.6. Tons of guys here making 800 who on a stock cobra short with some decent boost

DOHCfoxLX

While the termi bottom end is a tried and true combo my endgoal is all new parts and if ford trusts the large bore long stroke combo enough to come out with a frpp short block I'll take my chances with the added torque the 5.3 should provide only reason I'm not gonna go with the frpp block is that with 4v heads the CR is like 11.3:1 I'd like to stay closer to 10:1 so I'm planning on a DSS short block MHS heads and either stock b head cobra intake or a Sullivan depending on whether I salvage my b heads or go to c heads

Speedtospare

We had issues with the last 5.3 we built. It wore the outside of the cylinder walls and rings very quick. Ours was a Centrifugal setup making about 700 hp. Keeps us posted on the build!

90lxcobra

Awesome build I,m doing the same swap, overall how did you like the on3 kit minus the exhaust issues you mentioned? I'm held up between the stage 3 kit or a procharger F1. Stay safe out there.