• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A/C replacement

jay38372

Hi I was put onto this forum by somebody of facebook and boy am I glad I found this website, looks to be a great site to visit on a daily basis from now on.
Now I am looking for advice on what I should do, I recently came across a 93 notch that has been terminator swapped completely, however the owner did not swap over the a/c system due to the fact that the car is in California. My question is can a/c be put back into the car seeing as the owner claims he cut the dash to make it fit and if so how hard is it. Thanks Jay

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Jay, the short answer is yes, ac can be put into your car. The question is, how much did he cut the dash. Many of the installs on this site have HVAC. There are plenty of options, but since someone else did the install, you'll need to do a lot of measuring to determine if he left you room under the dash, or if you will have to replace the dash to make the HVAC work properly. There are several threads on here about using the fox ac, the sn95 ac, different ways to install them, etc. look a the different ways people on here have done it, then decide what you want to do. Let us know what kinds of questions you come up with and we'll help.

jay38372

Well I ended up buying a mach1 converted notchback with ac lol, but now I have to figure out what I need to convert it from a auto to a manual which I've asked in the driveline section.