• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dash Install Fitment issue

whiteponygt

So I started the dash swap and everything has went in rather easy aside from a lot of cussing and wrestling the big ass dash by myself i have run into fitment issue on the driver side the passenger side is completely in and sits flush with the dash and body but on the driver side of the car the dash is all the way against the frame and the frame is bolted into place but the dash is sticking out at the top approx 1.5" is this to be expected with the dash swap or am i missing a set in the install the heater tube that others have cut on a 45 degree and rewelded is actually sitting close to the firewall and is clearing just fine with out cutting any help id appreciate it.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Can you post a pic so we can help diagnose the problem? It sounds like something is hitting, but hard to tell without pics.

whiteponygt

im trying but its saying my pics are to big, how is everyone else uploading pics

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It sounds like your going to need to adjust the bracket to pull the dash in where you need it.

myers407

Staff member
In all of the units that I have done the dash in I have had to cut and reweld the brackets. When the brackets are in the correct position it will bring the heater tube in to were it will have to be cut off. Also if you did not do it before you will need to cut the old mounting points out of the Fox that are located under the windshield. They will cause a lot of grief if you don't.

whiteponygt

i will try that ,on the passenger side the dash after being cut sat back flush and looks good it was just the drivers side im having an issue with, but ill cut the brackets and try to recess it more thanks