• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fox cluster with 2001 dash harness

92dohcfox

i have got every gauge on my fox cluster to work but one with the new edge harness. my question to whom have done this, the coolant temp gauge will not work. I have tested the gauge and it does a full sweep by grounding out signal circuit to fox cluster. but I used pin 38 on pcm, it is t'd off that line grn/red coolant temp sensor from wiring diagram on this site and gauge still does not work. I wrote another thread on this but no one on here seems to reply anymore?? am I doing this wrong?? can the gague not use that signal?? I can not find any answers on here. how did you all use the gauge??

Bill

Staff member
Donator
This thread has only been viewed 4 times including me, so I'm guessing the right people haven't viewed it yet. Wiring isn't my strongest area, so I won't offer a worthless opinion. I assume you tested the sending unit cold and hot to compare the variance?

92dohcfox

This thread has only been viewed 4 times including me, so I'm guessing the right people haven't viewed it yet. Wiring isn't my strongest area, so I won't offer a worthless opinion. I assume you tested the sending unit cold and hot to compare the variance?
yup, I had another thread, then started this one today, but I did test sensor. It is working and pcm sees coolant temp as seen on my scanner but I'm thinking fox gauge may not be compatible

92dohcfox

itapped into signal line going in to pin 38 at pcm for the gauge, also did a gauge test by grounding signal terminal to make the gauge sweep.