• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Headers

92dohcfox

right now i have stock manifolds, want to go with full length headers. don't know what fits. 1 5/8?? can i fit a 1 3/4?? i am using foxbody stock transmission mount location with stifflers crossmember for 3650. will full length clear all that etc.

92dohcfox

are you talking forced induction situation? I was thinking about staying na for another season due to job situation. Full length headers help alot on these engines for low and mid range, a friends 99 cobra picked up quite a bit with headers on the rollers.

92dohcfox

plus could used them for my rear mount turbos, better flow, holds heat in etc. Lately been thinking of a 5.4 4v swap.

Speedtospare

if your going to turbo just buy a on3 kit (cheap) or flip the header and make your own. Headers are big bucks. AMR/Kooks headers are 1200+ US and you need a matching mid pipe. Turbo kit is a few hundred more than the headers.

5.4 swap isnt worth the headaches. Custom headers to start. The 2V heads flow like crap, the 4V version are sought after and are expensive. Then you need to find a scarce intake to fit the 4V heads or pay to have the 2V one modified.

NA is fine but the 4V really lack torque. I installed all the cobra eaton stuff on my Mach 1 motor. works decent. The NA was just over 300 whp and was entertaining for about a month