• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How Do I Adjust the Trunk Lid on a Foxbody Coupe

vettn71

image.jpeg Ive got waaaay too much time in this trunk lid, but I can't find how to adjust it from side-to-side. It adjusts front-to-back fine. As you can see, it is over to the left pretty hard. It is away from the right side, also. The FSM for the body makes no mention of the trunk lid or the hood, for that matter. Is there any way to center the trunk lid?

Any help would be appreciated

Jim

vettn71

I tried to adjust this using the bolts on the hinges. It will go front to back, but not side to side. As it is, the left side almost overlaps the body, while there's gobs of room on the right side. Oddly, the gaps are fairly even on both sides

Jim

vettn71

I pulled the trunk lid yesterday. It's funny. I can get the trunk lid to adjust when I only tighten the left side bolts, but when I tighten the right side, I moves it over to the left. The hinges have a partial twist on them. I assume this is normal. I was considering putting a pipe over the end and bending them a bit. My concern is putting a crimp in them, which would basically leave me screwed, blued and tattooed. Has anyone done this? Any issues?

TIA

Jim