• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How to install late model rear seat into fox body coupe

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Rocky59 said:
O.K, I started with the original seat out of 92 coupe, and the 2004 seat. For the bottom seat I removed covers, took cover from 2004 seat and pulled it over with a bit of pulling and tucking and proding over the foam of the 1992 seat. You will need a good Hog Ring kit (rings and pliers). In the end it look pretty good.
For the back of the seat I started with the 2004 seat. These seats are all very similiar back to 1994. In original cars these seats fold down for trunk access, so they are on hinges which are part of a frame that seat is mounted to. My first step was to remove seats from frame. Then I cut and trimed frame of all unnecessary metal. Sanded any sharp edges. Then took new seats still off of frame laid them and centered them over the 92 seat and traced around them. Cut away foam from center of 92 seat, do not cut all the way through back panel of 92 seat as you will have to bolt the 2004 frame to it. Next step put seats back on frame and then mount frame to 92 seat. If I remember correctly there were existing holes in frame that I used to bolt frame. Then I dropped everything off at upholster with quick instructions how to dismantle, and material used was just color matched with 2004 seat. I hope this helps.

mustang resto 061.jpgmustang resto 062.jpgmustang resto 064.jpgmustang resto 066.jpg

myers407

Staff member
Here are some shots of the way that I did mine. Its a bit more involved I removed the welds holding the rear frame of the 02 seats and used the full assembly in my HB Fox. This does take a bit of welding and a strong stomach. 02TearDown3019.jpgMustangTeardown043.jpg
My doner was as seen a vert. I am in the process now of making my rear panels. I am using the lowers from the vert and the upper section of the HB Fox panels. A saw fiberglass and a steady hand. Ill post pictures later.

Last edited:

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
wow, very nice wish I had the time:) buddy has a seat of those seats right now and looking at just replacing mine? The only problem is he removed his brackets, can I use the brackets from the Fox?

myers407

Staff member
In this set up I used the frame from the vert and transplanted it to the Fox. I am going to make a panel to mount the Mach 460 amp on and have it covered to go on the back of the frame. This set up allowed the use of the rear sholder belts also. My goal is to make it look as stock as possable. I am also still able to use the rear cargo shade form the Fox.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
myers,
Went to pick up the seats today and they are way off from fitting.. The seat are from a 2002 Convertible. I went ahead and got the fronts but, not the backs. They are very much different. I think I need them from a hard top not a convert.

1010111010-jpg.2393

mustang-seats-jpg.2395

myers407

Staff member
Now your image tags did not make it. I have a HatchBack and used both the bottoms and the backs. But I did have to use some of the frames from the car. I had to have the metal piece that the seat bottom attaches to and the bracing from the back. Not sure how well the back will fit in the coop. 02TearDown3017.jpg
In this shot you can see the brace. It is the silver part under the seat. You can see where I used a spot weld cutter to remove it from the car. I did have to cut it in the center to aid in the removal process. It had to be cut down also but make sure to cut it from the ends.
02TearDown3009.jpg
Here is where the brace was removed from. It was a pain to take out by the way.

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
Damn how I miss my old modular coupe. I wish I could have finished it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk