• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Long tube headers Thread

Speedtospare

I am looking to make a list of headers that will work with our swaps. I have very successfully used the stock manifolds with a Bassani X-pipe with cats, and flowmasters. I am looking to upgrade. Just curious what everyone running. I want long tubes (preferably 1 3/4) 3" X with cats, 3" Dynomax race bullets, 3" flowmaster tails. I just need to know what LT will work. I am currently using a modified stock 03 Cobra K-member with Team Z a-arms.

Header Make:
Long or Shot tube:
Primary Size:
Collector Size:
K-member used
Modification required to fit? w/ details:

FNG

Donator
When the time comes I plan to make mac long tubes fit with an AJE k member and 2v. Cross fingers it is not to drastic.

cpearson1342

Mac lt's TF9902 will not fit. Tried on our 82' with the engine moved forward 5/8" forward from stock location with upr modular swap k-member. Didn't hit the k-member but did hit the passenger side floor, and the steering joint hit. Definitely doable if someone wanted to make those mods, but we didn't want to

cpearson1342

Just to clarify the engine was moved forward by modifying the motor mounts, not because of the k-member. I'll try to post some pics later.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That's really tight. How much engine movement are you expecting?

cpearson1342

Well we would be expecting quite a bit since they're stock motor mounts, but we just decided to not use them for it, stick with the stock headers.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I understand. I have used poly mounts that had less than 1/4" movement. That might be worth looking at.

bruce L

just got a set of hedmanheadrers torc tube headers waiting on my loganmotorsport adaptor plates to come hope to see pics by the time i try to install

cpearson1342

Has anyone tried the bassani mid length headers? I'm possibly interested in going with the jba or bassani, but want to know if they both fit with no problems

Speedtospare

Those LT's look fine. Just grind the steering shaft or put a small ding in the headers. Biggest issue is the old trans mount. Looks like a custom mid pipe will be required.

cpearson1342

Yea well it's more of my dad and brother's car, I just do all the work on it so wasn't my choice. We will probably be doing a custom mid pipe and either custom or stifflers trans mount too. It would have cleared the part attached to the car, but nobody really wanted to go through the hassle for them.

Effortless0688

So I know this is an older post but wouldn't a k member spacer alleviate some of the clearance issues? Probably not for the steering shaft but definitely for the floor pan

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is possible to put a wedge in it. In this post, he moved the engine forward with modified mounts. Once you start those kinds of mods, there is no place to stop. You've changed the relational dynamic of all the components. Simple bolt together really isn't an option once you've done that.