• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

mod swap

Spdjunky

I'm a little ignorant here, but how do I tie in the tach and gauges?

Can anyone elaborate here? Will I end up have two stand alone systems?

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
it can be done but just the speedo might not work because 96-98 use a mechanical/electrical speedo as where the 99 and up used a straight electrical one. most people just try to use after market gauges or use the cluster from wat ever year swap they used in the dash board

Svt Fox

Staff member
How you made the two work together

I can answer that question pretty easy! I didn't. I paid a fellow enthusiast to figure that portion out.

I can tell you the gauges are one wire, just like stock. The speedo cable works, and I believe the tach wire is one wire as well.

Used a 96GT EEC and harness. From what my builder told me, it was a fairly simple, straightforward process.

Spdjunky

I can answer that question pretty easy! I didn't. I paid a fellow enthusiast to figure that portion out.

I can tell you the gauges are one wire, just like stock. The speedo cable works, and I believe the tach wire is one wire as well.

Used a 96GT EEC and harness. From what my builder told me, it was a fairly simple, straightforward process.

Yeah, that helped. :banghead:

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
What did you expect? A complete dissertation and breakdown of exactly how he made the harness?
LOL thats what everyone wants or a diagram would be better LMAO!!!!! Spdjunky do you just wanna keep the fox dash for personal preference, if so thats cool but the dash swap isnt that bad really.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I'd kill for a diagram. I'm dreading pouring over both schematics to make them work in harmony.
From what i read the EASIER way to do it is to run the SN95 harness and just trace the wires on the new harness and change the connector plugs for the dash to the fox connectors, I read that quite a few will interchange rather easily. This was what i had planned to do, but i went ahead and swapped to the new style dash instead. If you choose to swap the connectors you we still need both schematics for both cars to figure out all the wiring.

Spdjunky

Thanks.

I've got an idea what I want to do, but I need to disect the harness I have and label everything from both.

88Foxbody

Did you finish your harness I'm looking to run fox cluster also and trying to figure out the how too. I like the suggestion ponyboy89lx had using mod dash harness and switching plugs to fox style.