• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My First 4.6 Fox Swap, any pointers?

89carb289

I'm currently in the stages of collecting parts as well. So far got a Mark 8 motor and engine harness, tubular k member, and rolling chassis. Good luck with the build. Looking forward to see what route you take with the wiring and dash.

Luis Salazar

im looking to swap everything from my 2000 mustang into my 1990 hatchback i rolled over on my mustang and now its totaled so i have my old and faithful that has been in my garage just collecting dust so can some one point me in the right direction

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Luis. You are in the right place. Virtually everything from your 2000 can be adapted to your Fox. Drive train, suspension, brakes, interior, electronics, how deep do you want to get into it and what is your skill level. This is a great time to cash a reality check. As you can see from the pages here, this build can be done lots of ways. But reality is, this build isn't for everyone. You will have two cars torn apart. Tools and parts will be flying everywhere :). Dig in and start looking at all the builds on here. There is a lot to read in the FAQs. Figure out what you want to do and we can probably tell you how to do it :)

Luis Salazar

Yeah I'm going all out but want to keep everything stock on the interior of my car no 2000 dash on my 90 and I will dig in everywhere I should get my car back from the insurance in a week or 2 and its all out from there I'm pretty good with tools and keeping organized just electrical wise not to big when it comes to all the computer wiring

whiteponygt

Memorization more then organization.also if u read around any of these threads once u strip ur donor car and get rid of it is when u are going to need parts off of it. So strip it and push it around back in the weeds till old faith is driving down the road.