• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one thing after another

whiteponygt

Ok just throwing this out there this site is very help with everything so far we have a frequently asked questions section howbout a troubleshooting section... :( so we got the wiring almost buttoned up and ready to start started dies replaced that then had grounding issues and now we have everything ready to goand now she crank and is getting fuel and fire but wont start it just cranks and cranks ive run compression test low 170 high is 200 pats has been disabled and im outta ideas, mark8 motor cobra intake cop conversion with97 gt harness and computer. Also hacve checked the cop diagram with two others and its wired right

Bill

Staff member
Donator
When you say it is getting fuel, does that mean it has fuel pressure, or the injectors are actually firing?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'll have to think about it. If the injectors and plugs are both firing, could there be a timing issue?

whiteponygt

InterferenceWe Tried A New Set And Still Nothing We Pulled The Plug And Coil Pack Out Layed It Over And Turned It Over And We Have A Nice Blue Spark..If It Was A Timing Issue woulnt we Have Interferce issues

whiteponygt

On the very first attempt it hit twice and now it just cranks thats it, it wont even start with starting fluid which is weird if its getting fire

Memphis Modular

Possibly. $25 part to try. Crank sensor is good other wise you'd have no spark. Compression good got fire and fuel its gonna be timing related. coils wired right in the wrong cylinder, cam sensor going out etc etc

Bill

Staff member
Donator
InterferenceWe Tried A New Set And Still Nothing We Pulled The Plug And Coil Pack Out Layed It Over And Turned It Over And We Have A Nice Blue Spark..If It Was A Timing Issue woulnt we Have Interferce issues
Electronic timing was what I was referring to, not physical timing. If you checked that the injector controls and coil controls are in the right order, you have addressed what I was talking about. I agree that the plugs should not be wet. My diagnostic skills are a bit more old school, as our shop used a computer for that kind of thing. Did you use the OBD II stuff? You might be able to check your cam sensors through the OBD connection. have you pulled one of the injectors to see what they are actually doing? If the plug was wet, they might not be functioning properly.

Kurt

I wouldn't just go throwing parts at it. You should have a little hand held OBDII scanner ($60-$80) that shows live data. That will tell you if your crank sensor is not working or any other sensor is not working. The engine will typically run without a cam position sensor. I would also suggest that you check actual fuel pressure. If you really do have fuel and you really do have spark, it will at least pop even if your coils were wired properly but out of order.

whiteponygt

I got a cam sensor itwas only 22.00 i agre no since in throwing money at it for no reason but i had already bought it so it is what it is.im gonna try it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference, so if this doesnt work what next?

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I got a cam sensor itwas only 22.00 i agre no since in throwing money at it for no reason but i had already bought it so it is what it is.im gonna try it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference, so if this doesnt work what next?
Like @Kurt said once you know you have spark, you need to make sure you have fuel now..