• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular part 3

dondo84svo

View attachment 1374 View attachment 1375 View attachment 1376 View attachment 1377 View attachment 1378 View attachment 1379 As far as the body goes i had a few issues i had to address before it was time for the motor i had the hood fly up a few years back bending the cowl i thought about bondo but thats to easy so i cut it loose and replaced it. Worst idea ever but its over and done with now!I had full intentions of doing the new style dash even switching the firewall piece after getting the dash cut and installed, really wasnt a big fan so im gonna trash the new style dash idea and stick with the old.Now time for the motor my first bright idea was LONG TUBES, with some cutting notching and welding i prolly could have made them work but anyone doing the swap knows there are two many other issues to be worrying about the exhaust so im opting out for a set of Mach 1 stock shorties.Im not saying you can use long tubes just saying clearance is an issue. With the motor assembled to the transmission and all the 5.0 crap outta the way i fit the snug 4.6 into its new home.I figured the motor would be alot tighter but in the pic you can see i have a lil room between the motor and the firewall.I thought of running the stock lincoln intake but was never crazy about the look or price i asked a few people on the site here and they filled me in about The Corral, a site of nothing but mustang parts. Once i visited the site and signed in the 3rd listing was for a 97 cobra intake with cam covers shipped to VA for 350, way cheaper then the 600 on ebay.Upon arrive i chucked the stock lincoln and now have my cobra intake, it makes the swap look more complete
any clearance issues with the lincoln kmember?

whiteponygt

I never tried I had an extra kmember from a 97 gt.if you are running the Lincoln motor I'd suggest a mustang oil pan the Lincoln one was tight

dondo84svo

I never tried I had an extra kmember from a 97 gt.if you are running the Lincoln motor I'd suggest a mustang oil pan the Lincoln one was tight
ok thanks, ive started search for a 96gt kmember but my help insist we try the mark 8 kmember since the motor is already bolted to it

whiteponygt

How close are you to Roanoke va I have two. I have a bunch of left over parts I think I killed 5 cars before I got my desk the way I wanted it.

Speedtospare

Just fopr refernce if you having drive shaft clearence issues you can buy the Maxium motorsports shaft for a 95 GT and it will clear :)

whiteponygt

I changed ideas a few times threw out the build.the final one I ended up with is the full Fox column,I welded a piece of flat bar on and mounted the sn ignition switch to the Fox column then the sn turn signal switch will attach directly to the Fox column also.hope this help.

whiteponygt

Haven't updated my thread in a while ,just got back from Carlisle pa swap meet..and there was a bunch or good deals got a craps load of things for a 5.0 coupe I'm flipping but also 5.0 resto was there and I scored a good deal on some trim pieces and also got a brand new black headliner for the car 175.00 I couldn't beat that.also got an led light kit for the gauge cluster.probably will end up posting some b4 and afters.

whiteponygt

Haven't put much time into the Nordic in a while trying to piece together this coupe I bought a while back it's almost ready to pull out the garage on its own power thank god,didn't realize how much I like a 4.6 till I started working on a 5.0 again, but any who only thing I did get done to the car is the led light in the dash,man is it brighter.IMAG0697.jpg IMAG0698.jpg

whiteponygt

Update,Finally dug the car out of the garage and threw a few more parts at it,installed adjustable clutch quadrant,cable and installed gears,what gears did i go with....of course the 4:30s was scared at first but will say everyone right dont fear the gear,deff a big difference from the stock 327s.