• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

sn95 door panels on a fox

whiteponygt

Has anyone been able to fit Sn95 door panels onto fox doors ive cut up a few panels and still can get them to look right. Any pics would be awesome

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are several sets documented on the site and several more you can find by google. I will look in my archive for links, but it isn't technically difficult, just time consuming. I will offer a small piece of advice that might save you some time and effort. The door skins are the transition from the dash to the rear interior. If you fit the dash first and then the rear, you can build the panels to fit on both ends instead of trying to figure out how to get the rear quarter trim to look right with the panels.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Just be prepared to cut off the plastic pull leaver so you can open your door.
I'm planning to use the latch assembly from my donor doors. The handle takes several small tack welds, and the latch assemble takes some minor work at the opening. I haven't done the mod, but have seen a couple of writeups on it and seen it twice at shows. The guy I talked to said it took him a weekend to do the first one and two hours to do the second one. The outside takes a bit longer, as it involves body work, but both cars at the show were shaved. I have consdered doing that, as I liked the way it looked.

Speedtospare

I'm planning to use the latch assembly from my donor doors. The handle takes several small tack welds, and the latch assemble takes some minor work at the opening. I haven't done the mod, but have seen a couple of writeups on it and seen it twice at shows. The guy I talked to said it took him a weekend to do the first one and two hours to do the second one. The outside takes a bit longer, as it involves body work, but both cars at the show were shaved. I have consdered doing that, as I liked the way it looked.

Shaved look good but they wont let you run at the track with outside shaved door handles

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Shaved look good but they wont let you run at the track with outside shaved door handles
Very true, but mine is a convertible. They won't let me run in most cases anyway. There are a few clubs that do HPDE that allow it in "low speed", but I'm more interested in rally runs and distance cruises. I haven't settled on the shaved look yet, as I do have the compete donor doors to cut up.

myers407

Staff member
If you go the later rout and need any advice I have some good information on that. I have done two now and have ran into about every problem you could think of.

84ttopcoupe

If you go the later rout and need any advice I have some good information on that. I have done two now and have ran into about every problem you could think of.
Myers, have you any archived information on installing SN95 door panels in a fox? Probably the most straight-forward way Ive seen so far is to trim the overall thickness of the SN95 panel and fiberglass it to the fox door panel. and re-engineer the door to allow the installation of the door handle pull cable and door catch mechanisms from the SN95 car.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Myers, have you any archived information on installing SN95 door panels in a fox? Probably the most straight-forward way Ive seen so far is to trim the overall thickness of the SN95 panel and fiberglass it to the fox door panel. and re-engineer the door to allow the installation of the door handle pull cable and door catch mechanisms from the SN95 car.
There are several really good step by step threads on here showing different ways to do it.