• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 Mustang LX Modular Fox Conversion Project

PapaTom

Bryan454 said:
Back at my swap again. The 99 gt gas tank fit except the down spout to fil it up. I had to rip the plastic housing out.The lid closes but I have to pull it back before closing door. I will later on take it back out and cut it shorter. This is a convertable car so a hatchback maybe different. I dont know what you call the big round thing that goes to the return gas line but it just fit beside the gas tank. Had to cut one hole in the trunk drivers side for the wirring to go to gas return tank. The other fit in the factory hole for fuel pump. I also took the gas lines from the 99 and put them on the 92 . Fit nice but had to cut into the side fenderwell to get the lines through. Had to drill the rivits out of the support braket on the passanger side to run the 2 fuel lines also. On thing i did in this swap was use the entire 99 gt wirring harness so it makes it easy. Tonight i put the entire 99 gt front suspension under the car, fit nice except for the rear holes. I took a 1/2 '' drill bit made 4 holes towards front of car then took the sawsall made the cut and it fit perfect. Of course I had a lift to do this. Makes it nicer to work around. Reused the 92 struts and springs with one coil cut. Before I put the engne in it I put the hydroboost brake clylinder in plus the throttle cable which you have to drill one extra hole and the clutch cable again drill a extra hole. Note that I am using the 99 pedals and dash. The heater box basically fit in but the brakets need modified a little. For the wirring harness from the 99 gt on the drivers side i had to cut a bigger oval hole in the firewall. The clutch pedals bolted up without and problems. Other than this i will keep you all updated. Good night

Thanks for the update! Keep us informed of any issues as it may help others :)

bad88coupe

hey hows it going,just joined here,and starting to do my mod conversion.im in the middle of gathering and buying parts here and there.i see you mentioned that the detail zone has a nice harness setup to do the computer.i went and looked it up,it looks nice,think ima get it.only question is ima use mine as a street race car.but not running ac,powersteering or anything,but going to need headlights and blinkers.do they have and extra add to make them work?lmk, thanks john

modularf

bad88coupe said:
hey hows it going,just joined here,and starting to do my mod conversion.im in the middle of gathering and buying parts here and there.i see you mentioned that the detail zone has a nice harness setup to do the computer.i went and looked it up,it looks nice,think ima get it.only question is ima use mine as a street race car.but not running ac,powersteering or anything,but going to need headlights and blinkers.do they have and extra add to make them work?lmk, thanks john

I believe there harness is only to get the car started.. We rewired the light to work.. Also, make sure you get the one for the EEC-V we did a mistake and got the EEC-IV harness and getting difficult to find tuners for the old setup...

8t9notch

what did you use for a throttle cable? My motor also came out of a mark viii, but that one got messed up when motor was pulled. So would i have to get one from a 96 cobra or something of that nature. Thanks

Svt Fox

Staff member
Updates on the car? I have the exact same setup with the only difference being a T-45 instead of an automatic.
What did your car run at the track?

Svt Fox

Staff member
Thanks for posting a link to the video! Have you taken it to a 1/4 mile track?

Conversion tables show that is runs mid 12's!

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member