• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4 in a Fox?

Sub0ca

Perfect I'll giver a try thank you for the help was worried about chopping up sway bar mounts. Doesn't appear to be much room for connecting the brake Lines after thou

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There isn't a great deal of room, but remember that without the skin, the chassis is very similar. Both your donor car and your toy are on the fox chassis, so Ford changed some things, but not that much in terms of basic locations

NightStalker

It is tighter in a fox than a SN95/New Edge car, that is for sure but it will fit and it will clear sway bar mounts. I have removed my sway bar mounts but if you look closely you can see the spot where they were in the pic, and no the engine bay will not be staying that way in my car... Still in mock up, the fox engine bay is a hair bit shorter but it is shorter in front of the sway bar mounts not behind them
7e6upa4e.jpg

Btw engine bay looks really nice!

Sub0ca

Cool, thx I'm in process of getting engine harness and few odds and ends, then hopefully it will go in, can't wait it's actually getting fun again, smoothing sucked but so worth it in the end

Fastertbird

Agreed. The biggest issue I have with the 5.4 for most swaps is they make the fox nose heavy
How heavy is the 5.4 DOHC as compared to a 351 Windsor? The 5.4 DOHC has Aluminum heads at least. I guess I never consider the modular motor to be too heavy.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm guessing it isn't much different than the 351. My reference point for comparison is the aluminum block 4.6.

Quicksilver

Its good to see all the info. I am swapping a 2011 5.4 out of a gt500 into a 1991 gt fox. Getting parts together now. What is everyone using for a radiator? Is it running cool. I have heard the these engines can run hot in a swap. Any suggestions?

Sub0ca

Hey Quicksilver, I had a rad from the 5.0L griffin race rad however the inlet/outlet port sizes were way to small/ called up Fluidyne and they made me a rad with 2011, 5.4 hose specs.

Quicksilver

Thanks SubOca, That info is helpful, Glad to know that they will make the changes. Are you running AC and an intercooler?

Sub0ca

Yes it fits but she is tight. I'm using factory headers with Mach x pipe modded to work with my set up