• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

93 coupe with a mach and T-56

Speedtospare

Update

Thanks. Still waiting on the wiring harness. Decided to swap to 4.10 gears, The V7 and 4.6 is going to be a bit lazy on bottom end. The gears will wake it up. I rebuilt the entire rear new beings, clutches, etc. A stage 2 Devil's Own Meth kit just arrived at me door Friday so it will be installed. Going to be a silod pump gas car now.

Oh and new update. I bought 03 Cobra long block fopr cheap that has low compression in one cylinder. I'm going to sell the heads and toss the block. The bottom end will be balanced and i will buy a set of .020 over pistons. Plans are to find a aluminum block up up the JT to 17 PSI once the Mach motor dies.The Vortech JT is good to 28 PSI and 1000 hp. My current fuel system is only good to about 620 hp.​

Speedtospare

As stated previously. Waiting on my wiring harness from RJM still.

My JLT cold air intake came in the mail today from American Muscle. Like everything else in the project it has wrong parts. The 4" tube doesn't line up with the 3.5" 90 degree bend. Also missing the grommet for the IAT

At least I took some quality pics today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Speedtospare

Fuel system should be completed by this weekend. Intank Aeromotive 340 LPH > stock lines > Fuel rail adapters > #8 braided line > Aeromotive regulator > Fuel rails > #6 return.

Speedtospare

Ok some more small steps. Since this a fox rad the whole entire cooling was simplified. This is what the top coolant hose will look like. The large metal bump you see in the pipe is the thermostat. You can buy aluminum one from summit but i found this one in metal because it needed to be tapped for another coolant line. The burp hole was modified to accept the threaded bung for my temp gauge. There not many places to put the gauge on our setup.

attachment.php

Speedtospare

On to the rims and tires. The rear tires are 17X9 with 7" backspacing Billet Street lites. The tire size is 275/40/17. The tire currently used for mock up have the same sidewall to sidewall tread width as a Mickey Thompson 275 drag radial.

The fender lip will have to be rolled.

attachment.php

There should be enough room to prevent rubbing. Just a hair over 1/2". The UPR coil overs actually reduce the amount of space available by 1/8"

attachment.php

Here's a shot of the rear suspension setup.

attachment.php

Svt Fox

Staff member
Ok some more small steps. Since this a fox rad the whole entire cooling was simplified. This is what the top coolant hose will look like. The large metal bump you see in the pipe is the thermostat. You can buy aluminum one from summit but i found this one in metal because it needed to be tapped for another coolant line. The burp hole was modified to accept the threaded bung for my temp gauge. There not many places to put the gauge on our setup.

attachment.php

How are you running the lower coolant hose? Did you cap off the second upper hose, near the driver side valve cover?

Speedtospare

Personally no first time, but its pretty much identical to a stock fox style setup work. Your car will take longer to warm up but it sure gets rid of a lot of piping.

Speedtospare

.....and I'm still waiting on the RJM Harness. There saying because its a new item there having production problems. Told 3 week wait, then 6 weeks, now I'm told its in this batches production

Not happy.

Speedtospare

FINALLY!!! RJM harness is in the mail.. I pried for info as to why it took so long to make. Basically they didn't order many parts because the economy was bad and they assumed there wouldn't be many orders. Well the was a shit load of orders and they didn't have enough material for supplies.

They still should have told me the proper wait time but its in the mail as we speak. Should arrive sometime next week which means I will have more updates and the car will be competed soon.

Jonathan

looks like its coming along great!!! learning alot from looking at your build. I'll be getting started on my swap next month!

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
FINALLY!!! RJM harness is in the mail.. I pried for info as to why it took so long to make. Basically they didn't order many parts because the economy was bad and they assumed there wouldn't be many orders. Well the was a shit load of orders and they didn't have enough material for supplies.

They still should have told me the proper wait time but its in the mail as we speak. Should arrive sometime next week which means I will have more updates and the car will be competed soon.

Post up info on the RJM install please.. And lots of pics..:)

Speedtospare

Still waiting for it to arrive, day number 8. Its was sent via USPS because UPS are rip off artists. Looks like it cleared customs today. Hopefully I should have it this week.

Speedtospare

The harness got here last week. First impression opening it up was 2 giant rolls of electrical tape. That to me a non finished harness. Secondly the wire plastic coating is very stiff and plastic like. Being from an electrical backgroud I would say its made on the cheaper side of thing. Nice added touch is the wires have writing on them to designate what they are. Connectors look decent and th wire are in solid.

My harness was modified to have the connector for a 2005+ BA5000 MAF on the harness instead of the 2004 mach 1 style connector.