• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

93 coupe with a mach and T-56

Speedtospare

RJM harness had to be modified a little. It looks like the system was designed to run down one side of the motor. Problem is that the injector harness length is too short on one side. I will be lengthening them.

More update coming soon. Booking tuner to get base tune done this week. I will update more as the harness continues.

Speedtospare

Just over 900 with shipping and duty. They cost 750 from the website plus a put on a 04+ MAF connector which was extra.

So far the the harness will work but it require cutting it up. The guy doing my wiring spent 3 days modifying it. Honestly it would have been less time to modify the stock harness and use it. It took 7 weeks to get the harness and now another 2 days in modifying the harness.

For example, no matter what you use this 4.6 swap cable for the COPS will never move. There barley enough wire to hook them up, I mean not even millimeters to spare.

I just picked up the starup tune tonight. I have disabled pats, disabled knock sensors, disabled fuel rail pressure sensor, set for 39 lb/hr injectors, setup for the SCT BA5000 MAF, and changed to a return style fuel system. Car should be running by the weekend.

Speedtospare

RJM Harness Update. Passenger side coil on plug wire too short for Mach 1 setup. Its far too short if you have an 03/04 cobra setup as it will not fit around the blower. I had to extend 25% of the harness. The harness is designed to come down one side of the motor. It should have been designed to come in from the back of the motor. There is just no way to do a clean hidden wire install. You will still be forced to have all the gaint bird nest on the passenger firewall area. The have extra relays and a small fuse panel that is suppose to to all somehow fit here the factory computer goes. There no way it will all fit in the stock location, not even close. Working an trying to hide the wires up in the dash but they willprobably need to be extended.

I will post pictures when I can.

Total cost of the harness including shipping, duties, etc was over $900.00

This is not what I was expecting. for almost $1000.00

It would have been less time, less money, and less PITA to strip the stock harness and remake it.

Speedtospare

here's a copy of the email I just sent.

All I can say is that i am pretty disappointed in the harness. The harness was a total waste of time and money. 1/2 of the harness had to be extended. This was installed in a 93 Mustang Lx coupe powered by a 04 mach 1 engine and T-56. The coil on plug wires for the driver side all to be extended over an inch because there were too short and come in contact with the EGR pipe. I hope you didn't sell any to any cobra 03-04 cobra swap motors because it will be 6" short trying to route it around the blower. The harness looks like it was designed off the motor and run all down one side. It should be designed to come form the back of the motor to the front. Why would you put all the relays and fuse panel in the stock computer location? There's no room! You should have at least left more wire so it could be relocated under the dash or put it in a waterproof container to install by the passenger side firewall. The quality of the wire is poor. I'm an electrician, I know my wire and your choice of wire quality is low grade Chinese import. I waited 7 weeks, paid over 900 with shipping and duty only to modify the hell out of the harness. In no way is it a harness a plug and play as advertised.

It would have been nice to know your harness doesn't include the transmission harness. In addition you harness will not plug into the 03-04 cobra, 03-04 mach 1, 99-01 cobra stock alternators. I had to cut and modify that to work as well. There is no way to install and hide the harness for a clean look, as most builders would like. Even the tape supplied was cheap. Why bother including it?. No quality engine builder would use cheap junk on his car. It should be 3M tape, nothing else will hold over time.

I had a stock harness here and honestly it would have been quicker and actually fit my project if i had spent the time to pull it apart and use what was there.

It feel like this was thrown together with little or no thought put behind it. I'm sorry but I cannot recommend your product to any of the other people that are doing the same swap.

If it wasn't for the desire to get the car finished I would return the harness and ask for my money back.

I have acquired my start-up SCT chip for the tune. The computer will be installed this weekend. I am crossing my fingers that I have no other issues.

Ryan Merrill

Speedtospare

Well the Modfox isn't 100% complete but its running, drivable and home. Next its needs to be tuned, suspension adjusted, alignment, speedo calibration, and tach adapter installed, stereo installed, new rims and tires put on, and paint sometime in the future. The supercharger and meth will not be on this year due to going over the budget.

The car took 1.5 years to build.

1993 LX coupe
2004 Mach 1 4.6 4V Motor
96 Cobra cams (20 deg more duration)
BBK 2.5" X-pipe with cats, 2.5" flow master mufflers and tails.
T56 6 speed with Steeda shifter
QA1 Coilovers
8.8 with 4.10 gears.
and 3 more pages of parts, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Svt Fox

Staff member
Well the Modfox isn't 100% complete but its running, drivable and home. Next its needs to be tuned, suspension adjusted, alignment, speedo calibration, and tach adapter installed, stereo installed, new rims and tires put on, and paint sometime in the future. The supercharger and meth will not be on this year due to going over the budget.

The car took 1.5 years to build.

1993 LX coupe
2004 Mach 1 4.6 4V Motor
96 Cobra cams (20 deg more duration)
BBK 2.5" X-pipe with cats, 2.5" flow master mufflers and tails.
T56 6 speed with Steeda shifter
QA1 Coilovers
8.8 with 4.10 gears.
and 3 more pages of parts, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sweet!!

I will be relocating my power steering reservoir as well!

Where is the video? I want to hear it!

Speedtospare

BTW the mach power steering and rack works so well. It so much smoother then the fox setup. The car still need quite a few things. Once it tuned and broken in I will record it at the track.

cpearson1342

What is your rear suspension setup? I see that you have coilovers in the back, but is everything else stock other than the now build rear end? Panhard/Torque arm?

Speedtospare

Rebuilt stock rear with 4.10's broke both axles and damaged the carrier first time on MT drag radials at the track with a 4000 rpm launch.

New Rear end specs:
SN95 Length Axles (because I want the new 05+ offset for 10" wide wheels to fit)
TEN 33 spline axles
Torsion Carrier
4.10 motorsport gears
Welded axle tubes
UPR coilovers 150 lb spring
QA1 adjustable shocks
Teams Z upper and lower control arms. Uppers are adjustable

Car has gone 11.5@122 spinning 1-2 (too much slick psi) Should be good for a 11.2-11.3 @119 with proper traction. Car weighs 3380 with me and makes 460 whp.