• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

Svt Fox

Staff member
I am running a stock 03/04 cobra air intake. After I clearanced the hood, my shut no problem! :)

Is it rubbing on your bbk cold air intake?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
OK it is apparent that the hood will not close even if i do gut the underside, so im gonna sell the BBK CAI and get a stock tube, i just cant bring myself to run a cowl hood on a coupe, I REFUSE LOL. so if any one needs a 03-04 BBK CAI hit me up would like my money back and thats it

Svt Fox

Staff member
OK it is apparent that the hood will not close even if i do gut the underside, so im gonna sell the BBK CAI and get a stock tube, i just cant bring myself to run a cowl hood on a coupe, I REFUSE LOL. so if any one needs a 03-04 BBK CAI hit me up would like my money back and thats it

Wise choice! Don't over pay for the stock one bud, I got mine for $35 shipped to my door. My 90mm fits it very well! :)

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I put my proportion valve back in today it got dark and cold on me so maybe tomorrow I can see if it leaks. I hope not thought I might give it one more chance, if it leaks like hell this go around I'm gonna do away with it totally, I already put a adjustable on it just in case lol. Ordered my bassani down pipes for the mid lengths yesterday, maybe able to get the exhaust fabbed up in the next couple days. I'm curious to hear the bassani headers with BBK x-pipe and 40 series flow masters (freebies). Lots of parts on the way, throttle cable, stock air tube, only major part left to buy is a 8.8 don't think the 7.5 will work. Found out after some homework that the exhaust cams in a Mark VIII are the same as a cobra, the intake cams are the only difference between the two motors. You can pick up a set of intake cams out of cobra for about 150 bucks. Not bad for about 15 more HP.

Speedtospare

Cams were worth 15-20 HP, no torque. I have them in my Mach motor. I have a stock manifolds, BBK h-pipe with cats, Flowmaster 2 chambers, 2.5 tails. Sound should be similar. 100% emission compliant btw 302 WHP / 302 TQ.

I broke a rebuilt (new clutches, bearings, 4.10's) SN95 rear with the above HP on MT 267 drag radials. So I don't think the 7.5 will hold up.

Embedded:

I put my proportion valve back in today it got dark and cold on me so maybe tomorrow I can see if it leaks. I hope not thought I might give it one more chance, if it leaks like hell this go around I'm gonna do away with it totally, I already put a adjustable on it just in case lol. Ordered my bassani down pipes for the mid lengths yesterday, maybe able to get the exhaust fabbed up in the next couple days. I'm curious to hear the bassani headers with BBK x-pipe and 40 series flow masters (freebies). Lots of parts on the way, throttle cable, stock air tube, only major part left to buy is a 8.8 don't think the 7.5 will work. Found out after some homework that the exhaust cams in a Mark VIII are the same as a cobra, the intake cams are the only difference between the two motors. You can pick up a set of intake cams out of cobra for about 150 bucks. Not bad for about 15 more HP.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Cams were worth 15-20 HP, no torque. I have them in my Mach motor. I have a stock manifolds, BBK h-pipe with cats, Flowmaster 2 chambers, 2.5 tails. Sound should be similar. 100% emission compliant btw 302 WHP / 302 TQ.

I broke a rebuilt (new clutches, bearings, 4.10's) SN95 rear with the above HP on MT 267 drag radials. So I don't think the 7.5 will hold up.

Embedded:

Forgive me because I'm a little confused, I thought you had an aviator engine with a Mach intake?

Also, what are 267 drag radials?

Speedtospare

Forgive me because I'm a little confused, I thought you had an aviator engine with a Mach intake?

Also, what are 267 drag radials?

275/40/17 MT drag radial.

The Aviator Motor is identical to the mach motor (except it uses the GT rods) once the intake is swapped.

Svt Fox

Staff member
275/40/17 MT drag radial.

The Aviator Motor is identical to the mach motor (except it uses the GT rods) once the intake is swapped.

Sweet! I'll be running the same tire too!

Did the Aviator motors come with cast cranks? I know the only Mach's to get the forged crank were the manual cars.

Do the Aviator engines have the same cam profiles as the stock Mach's?

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
i have like MM of clearance on the front of my intake to the hood...but it has rubbed before but not enough to be worried about...

Speedtospare

Let me clarify. The Mach 1 motor always used the Mustang GT rods which can be safely boosted to 450 WHP. There are people above that number but I question there reliability. Aviator motors are identical to the automatic Mach 1's once the intake is swapped. This means no forged crank, its the 6 bolt cast version. The cranks still hold up in a Lideo's (alternate performance) to 600 WHP The heads are identical 03-04 cobra/Mach 1.

Speedtospare

And for the record MT Drag radial Hook freaking hard. I have an SN 95 rear which i put new carbon clutches, new bering, new 4.10's, a complete rebuild including calipers, rotors and pads. I even sandblasted and painted the rear. Took it to the track and only scuffed them (very short burn out). SO basically new everything, stock axles. 3000 RPM launch netted huge bog, then I missed 4th and resulted in a 13.2 @109. Second pass I heated the tires a little more, brought the rpm up to 4500 and on launch the rear sheared the passenger side axles in half on a 45 degree angle. Car made 302 HP, 302 TQ

Svt Fox

Staff member
Let me clarify. The Mach 1 motor always used the Mustang GT rods which can be safely boosted to 450 WHP. There are people above that number but I question there reliability. Aviator motors are identical to the automatic Mach 1's once the intake is swapped. This means no forged crank, its the 6 bolt cast version. The cranks still hold up in a Lideo's (alternate performance) to 600 WHP The heads are identical 03-04 cobra/Mach 1.

Thanks for clearing that up and sharing the information!