• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Can you get the pats disabled?
i hope kurt can hook me up lol. Only thing thats wierd is the dash illumination isnt working but it is a different year cluster, might be wired a little different, i hope but thats not the problem now its the PATS system that is chapping my ass right now.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I got a little more work done today i got the wiring harness from the cobra doors into the fox doors, only had to change one plug, lol so i guess in some way i got myself into a interior swap along with a mod motor swap. But i tell ya the harness went in like it was made for the fox cars. i should have just switched all this wiring along time ago. Makes me nervous because so far the wiring has been TOO easy. I also got the taillights and headlights wired in, the taillights were a little tricky because the SN95 taillight harness has two turn signal bulbs and two brake bulbs that work together, so basically i just used one bulb in the factory fox brake light location that is my brake light and turn signal both.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Been working my ass off the last couple days and just about got it all buttoned up i hope, anyways here is some pics of the harness install and some other things and the dash and console install, the dash needs a little more tweaking but i think she will be just fine. I DID NOT relocate any brackets all i did was bent the factory tabs on the firewall and bent the passenger side dash bracket and i trimmed the sides of dash and of course the top lol. I had to remove the lower driver side dash mount completely and used the bolt hole right above it. I am gonna try to get some door panels and fit them at a later time, right now i wanna atleast drive it ONCE!!!!!!!!!!! I will try to get better pics tomorrow.

GOOD THING TO LABEL ALL PLUGS
2013-01-18_17-35-06_922.jpg

HERE IS THE PLUG ON THE DRIVER SIDE ( I had to cut this out )
2013-01-18_17-34-52_170.jpg

ENGINE COMPARTMENT FUSE BOX
2013-01-18_17-34-38_350.jpg

CCRM LOCATION ( I may move this unsure yet )
2013-01-18_17-34-19_659.jpg

NEW COMPUTER LLX4 ( 97 COBRA )
2013-01-18_17-33-32_873.jpg

NEW HEATER BOX FROM SN95 CAR
2013-01-18_17-31-53_291.jpg

AND THE DASH AND CONSOLE
2013-01-28_13-38-48_247.jpg

2013-01-28_13-39-41_523.jpg

2013-01-28_13-40-15_490.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
UPDATE- been cold as a witches boob wearing a brass bra here so not much going on but watching it snow (SUCKS) but gonna try to fab up the a-pilliar post trim to get it to fit the new dash in a day or so. Also my chip is in the mail to disable the PATS, THANKS AGAIN KURT!!!!!!!!!. After that should be able to get it buttoned up, still gotta weld the bearing in place for the new steering shaft but i gotta pull the engine for that, gonna have to be closer to warmer weather for that. But i will post some more pics and video when she fires BACK up.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
My turn signals quit working still have hazard flashers but no turn signals any idea's. I got a different switch gonna try that tomorrow maybe it will fix it.

4whldisc

what are you guys using to cut the holes for the connectors that are square shaped? i see you have a lot of putty around the connector.

Svt Fox

Staff member
what are you guys using to cut the holes for the connectors that are square shaped? i see you have a lot of putty around the connector.

I didn't have to cut any holes. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
The hole is already there i just had to slightly enlarge it lol the putty is just to seal it up good and tight, Oh yeah i cut it very carefully with a Saw Zaw lol

4whldisc

yeah i have an 80 model, and it looks like i'll have to cut some holes for the wiring on the lower passenger side for the pcm & ccrm looms, and on the driver side for the speed control & lighting? the one on the left has a bolt thru it, and the one on the right looks oblong. i'm still locating some parts, then i saw there are some wiring connectors that go thru the body, i thought it best to ask, that way i wont make too many mistakes. i have other problems with the wiring also. i have the dash and interior wiring from a 96 v-6, and the engine compartment wiring for a 97 gt. i need to mate these together. it should be a blast. i'm looking forward to this swap. but i i still have a few questions. sawzall sounds good. at the moment i want to remove all the unneded stuff from the loom,make wiring repairs, then set the dash up on the garage floor, connect all the wiiring and bench test the repairs before i put it in the car. the under hood wiring loome is pretty mangled, but repairable.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I cant get my starter to engage dont know what the deal is any ideas of things to check PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! im so close to hearing this baby run again.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I cant get my starter to engage dont know what the deal is any ideas of things to check PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! im so close to hearing this baby run again.

Did you check the starter with just a power wire and ground wire off of a battery to see if it engages, to rule out the starter itself as the culprit?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Did you check the starter with just a power wire and ground wire off of a battery to see if it engages, to rule out the starter itself as the culprit?
Yep, when i turn the key over i hear a clicking like a relay and for some odd reason the rear defrost like blinks when i turn key over to start, not ACC just when you turn it to engage the starter, clutch pedal in or out still no starter and clicking. Gonna take a break from it a day or two and think about it, still cant get power to my dash lights have lights everywhere else just not the instrument cluster.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
nope, brand new battery, im stumped but i will give it a few days and then hit it again. Most of the time this works clears my head then i can start fresh.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have this black box on my passenger side, in the engine bay. I can't remember the name of it to save my life but, I do know that it houses relays and such. I also know that it replaces the solenoid on the starter as well.

I wonder if that might be the culprit?
I have know idea, i know im about to say the HELL with it, to much money spent and still no payoff. If i do i will have a shit load of parts for sale bad for me good for someone else LOL. Messed around with it today and all the sudden the CCRM starting making a buzzing noise i didnt do anything but put headlight switch back in its location, then turned the key over and it sounds like hair clippers Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It will not stop until the key is turned back to off position. Done this before i had Kurt burn me a chip also then i got the chip and the buzzing stopped and now its back again. Im dead in the water right now. Im attempting to run the Mark VIII engine harness i wonder if this is the problem to all the problems.