• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Interior Insulation

cpearson1342

This isn't exactly a interior swap question, but I will be swapping mach 1 seats into my car after I do this. My question is that I want to go with some aftermarket heat/sound insulation and wanted to know if you guys have used any and which you think is best. I'd like some comments from people who have actually used the products as it's pretty difficult to decide just from looking online at them.

bigjohnsondohc

This is the only picture I have but I used 3m material. They are 1x squares with a sticky back, the price wasnt really bad either and theres realy no cutting that you have to do unless its small areas.

cpearson1342

How well does it work, or you haven't tested it yet? I have an o/r x pipe with straight through mufflers and probably about to go to longtubes so I need some decent insulation. If I was just looking for sound it would be easier, but I need heat/cold too

Jjnjd03

I do car ajdio for a living and we have found the stinger sound deadning is about the best out there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

cpearson1342

So we went with Raammat by Raamaudio, haven't gotten to see if it works yet because the car isn't running, but I'll let everyone know how it is after we get everything running. Seems like very good quality, and also seems like once you stick it down it's not coming back up20160109_181858.jpg

azsnake

For anybody who may be looking for an option in the future DEI makes an AWESOME thermal shielding
It's a bit pricey at $92.00 a 30"x40" mat, but it's probably one of the best available.

vettn71

Bill,

I did a lot of research on this. Most sites will say se RamMat, FatMat or something similar. What I found is that three parts are required. The butyl rubber-based products is to dampen resonance, not so much to sound proof. I've done two Mustangs where I covered every square inch of the interior, door, trunk and wheel well. Almost no difference. It damps panel vibration and not 25 to 50% coverage is needed. I used Noico and like the way it lays down

The second part is closed cell foam. This is very dense and heavy. This is what muffles sound. The last layer is thermal insulation. I used ThermalTec. It was $23 a roll at Amazon. The roll s maybe 6x4. It took two rolls for the floor. I need one more roll for the roof.

I thought I saved the websites I found the information from, but I didn't. Google auto sound proofing. You'll have to wade through all the sites (some from "pro" shops that only recommend the butyl rubber products. You will eventually find the sites I did

Hope this helps
Jim