• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 5.4l future X275 ModFox

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Diggin' the 4eyed. Nice toys. I'll be interested to see how the Cobra intake performs.

Speedtospare

I'm assuming the cobra intake is an 01 after the cobra intake fix? The correct the 99's by extrude honing them.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I know that one of our newest members knows a thing or two about eeeking every available horse out of a OEM intake.

NightStalker

Well I know I haven't posted much progress lately, I have been waiting on some parts and a buddy to return my engine hoist. I got the engine hoist back so I will be setting the engine in for test fit and mock up tonight and into this weekend, when I get it in I will get a pic for everyone to show how tight it is. I had this engine in my 2002 as an N/A combo but the way the headers are will make it and even closer fit than it was in my 2002! Also my Florida 5.0 gauge cluster came in this week, I went with Autometer Cobalt gauges to go with my black, polished, and blue engine bay since its hard to have any of those colors as a gauge illumination color.

Speedtospare

Also my Florida 5.0 gauge cluster came in this week, I went with Autometer Cobalt gauges to go with my black, polished, and blue engine bay since its hard to have any of those colors as a gauge illumination color.

Love those gauges. I am hoping to do the same in the future. There not cheap, not even close

NightStalker

It was more that I would have run a newer setup of gauges and dash, and the car had no dash or wiring in it, sorry for the confusion.

NightStalker

Well as promised I'm posting up some pics of the engine in the car, it is bolted to the k-member an engine mounts but will have to do some modification somewhere since the k-member offsets the engine like the factory k-member, looks like I will be talking to my machinist buddy about making some k-member adjustments or possibly changing the engine mounts up to shift it over enough to clear the frame rails from the headers
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361686158.056805.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361686172.387925.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361686185.020337.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361686126.196848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361686126.196848.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 62

NightStalker

Got the intake from na svt, wow does it look nice, I bolted the intake all together to check hood clearance and it appears that I will be safe on that, I have mocked up some engine mounts out of foam board and gave them to my buddy who owns a local machine shop to fabricate for me, if the mounts don't turn out the way I am needing I will undo my k-member and take it to him to shift the mounting locations over enough to clear. Sorry for no updates for a little while, trying to determine what course of action to take took some time as well did the fact that we had our companies annual meeting the last week of February which backed me up at work horribly... I hope to have things progress smoothly once I can get the engine in centered, then I can get it to my buddy to do the body work under the hood for me( I have way to many local contacts that will do stuff on the cheap for me like this)

NightStalker

Some more pics for everyone, since the custom engine mounts didn't work out the way I had hoped I am looking into either making a custom passenger side header or trying to modify the one I have to get it to work.

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

A couple pics of the intake from na svt

null-2-1.jpg

null-1-1.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I love the all black motor I thought about doing mine like that when it comes back out. Looks awesome keep the pics coming.