• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular part 3

whiteponygt

OK Finally finished up all the wiring tonight aside from a speaker or two but everything works, I did want to post this for anyone looking to run the new style heater box and the old gauges, when we was test fitting everything I did notice a few things the heater control panel from the 1997 gt fits right into the holes from the 1990,and also when we switched the door harness the switch panel screwed right into the arm rests on the fox door, no modification needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20140312_182904_645.jpg
    IMG_20140312_182904_645.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20140312_182936_103.jpg
    IMG_20140312_182936_103.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20140312_191144_351.jpg
    IMG_20140312_191144_351.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20140312_191213_047.jpg
    IMG_20140312_191213_047.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 62

whiteponygt

Btw were going to try and run the new steering column is there a thread on here about making it work? Has anyone done it yet? We started on it but its looking to be a big PITA, To late now though my mind is made up. We cant seem to find a way to mount the steering column.

whiteponygt

ok someone throw me a bone here im have one problem after another, I have the car cranking purging everything wired up ready to go but for some unforeseen reason, I cant get the fuel pump to stay on once the car fires,it sending signal to the ccrm until it startsthen loses signal and dies. Do theses cars have any other sensors that kill signal to the fuel pump if not working properly, I thought at first it was the computer talked to the guy who did first initial tune and he said bad pcm I put the pcm in another car I have and it fired right up then I figured ccrm so I tried another ccrm from running car still same problem, :banghead: Im out of ideas, does it kill signal if low oil sensor is not working, not receiving signal from tach I have no clue, Also I used gt harness and im having problem with temp sensor, one controls guage one is signal for the fan, I know one plugs in on cross over tube where does the tothere plug in. PLESAE HELP

whiteponygt

ok so update time......no progress im dead in the water here. I have been threw my service wiring manuals ive talked to the tuner who initially turned of my pats im searched forums upon forum and nothing :( I don know what do here.

fstfrd

Donator
At least yours is starting, mine cranks but I'm getting no action from the fuel pump. I had my Pats turned off and the car is doing the same thing. I too have been through every wire to double check...not that it helps you any, but your not in it alone ! This is the most frustrating dilemma about my build. If I come across any thing that may help you Whiteponyg, I'll reach out. I too am searching every forum for info on solving this pats issue.

whiteponygt

have you check the ccrm on urs I was having that problem with no fuel pump then it was a ground I fixed that and now im having my issue

fstfrd

Donator
No I haven't checked that yet, that's on the to do list today. .
Was your theft light giving you code 16 in relation to the ccrm ground issue ?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

whiteponygt

to be honest I seen the light flashing but didn't know it was flashing me a code... I know big dummy right, well now I have the new harness spliced into the fox dash so I no longer have an antitheft light so I don't know what shes flashing my way :(.

fstfrd

Donator
Awww that sucks.... do you have a code scanner you can plug into your Diagnostic port ? Hopefully that will work and give you some kind of code to direct your next action. I hope it works out for you !
Question for you, when you said you checked your ccrm for ground. Do you mean you just checked power to ground on the CCRM it self, or how did you do it ? Reason I ask is because I haven't tinkered with any of the wire harness between the swap. The day I removed it from my 97, it literally went 10ft to the 89 and installed in the same exact location I removed it from. So that's what's tripping me out ! The 97 ran perfect before the swap and now code 16 and no fuel pump prime ! Ugh....it's so frustrating man....

whiteponygt

i have a service manual for the 97 so if u need any diagrams let me know.I had the first initial problem of no prime and checked my grounds and it was the plug that goes beside the under hood fuse box,its a ground that runs to one side of the neg battery and to he front radiator support. I have a pin out of the ccrm also if you need to know which is power and ground. Also tried the scan tool and its not throwing any codes and checked the live data and everything seems with in reason.

fstfrd

Donator
I just finished the checklist of checking the CCRM, I have fuel pump power & EEC power. I grounded pin#18 and the fuel pump came on right away. I then checked power (pin 5) and I got 12.2 volts, so that's good. So currently at the moment I'm reprogramming my key in hopes that, I can eliminate that as a possible problem, being as though I'm still getting the rapid flashing theft light.
Any updates on your issue ?

fstfrd

Donator
Tonight I'm going to check all of the grounds going to the PCM...I read on the corral, a guy having the same problem as we're having, finding a few bad grounds, & once those were fixed his car started and ran fine. ..

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

whiteponygt

I Checked All MyGroundS A Couple TimeS NoLuck.Everything I Read Kept Saying A Bad PCm But I Tried My Pcm In Another Car And It RaN Fine

fstfrd

Donator
Update... I checked all of the grounds around the engine, & computer and I found no open circuits . Everything is good ! I reprogrammed my key and I'm still getting code 16 flashing from my theft light. I think at this point i have checked all that i can and since everything checked good, it's time for a pro to check it out.So I called a local tuner here in so cal Greg at RET, and he told me that this issue is common, it happens, and it's easy to correct. You either have the pats removed via tune, or go to ford and have them reprogram your pats system & keys. One of the two have to be done in order for the car to run. As long as that is your only problem ! So I'm headed to the tuner on Tuesday, and I'll let you know what the findings were, if there are any, & what he accomplished to get the car running !

fstfrd

Donator
No not as of yet...this guy is taking his sweet time I guess ! I'm going to give him a call on Monday to see what's up....
I figured it would have been done by this week.
How is your progress ?