• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular part 3

MeanLX

I assumed the tune would have been done already as well.

Progress...me? I still haven't decided if I'm going 4v or 3v. Just been doing as much research about wiring up a 4v as I can because that's my biggest hang up.

fstfrd

Donator
Whiteponygt, hang in there....I feel your frustration man. I just keep thinking about the reward once everything is working correctly.

whiteponygt

If you only knew, I hot wired the fuel pump so I could get the car to run for a bit well finally got the coolant system buttoned up and low and behold....water in the oil, Ive also came to the conclusion of piecing this swap together is costing an arm and a leg, Im starting to think I should have just picked up a wrecked cobra from the get go, Im thinking of trying to find one and start over from scratch.Only problem being is there seems to be no wrecked 96-98 cobras in VA reasonably priced .Im still on the fence. We will see....

fstfrd

Donator
Awww man, yeah that's a lot going on...sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you will locate a donor vehicle soon to keep the project in motion, and I'm sure things will work out for you sooner than later !

whiteponygt

Ive found a few locally but none wrecked and everyone wants 7-12 for them, ive found one or two for 4000 but they are a good ways away mostly Kentucky and Georgia but that's like 7 hrs from here.

whiteponygt

ok so quick up date no more progress on the car since the chocolate milk in the motor blah.....but good new I have a lead on a donor car its a 96 cobra with 118000 only problem it in VA just the other side of it gonna be a long ride tomorrow cant leave work early so I have to head for the beach after I get off cant wait for a 4 hr ride there and 4 hrs back but we all know it will be worth it as long as the deal doesn't fall threw. As long as I get the donor it should throw the project in high gear hoping to get it done for our local car cruise coming up in july.Wish me luck

whiteponygt

Quick update I got the car wooo hoo, pretty good deal 10 hours of driving round trip but the car has slotted and drilled rotors all new poly bushing new tie rods new brakes new clutch new tires, and I picked her up for 3500.00 of course shes got one ugly body kit on it but that done matter. Ill post some pics up this evening

fstfrd

Donator
Nice find, that is exactly like my donor, minus the cute body kit ! Lol.....
Great price too, that was a steal and with only 118 on the odo....sweet. I can't wait to see the progress photos...!

fstfrd

Donator
This was my donor car. ..Before & after....
ha6ehu3u.jpg
jusy9y3e.jpg
agasuvyp.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

whiteponygt

Its a really nice car that fugly body kit if the only motivation for me tearing the car apart aside from the tan interior..yuck. I found it craigslist next to the beach the kid didn't know what he had he traded his 300 z for it and didn't like it so he wanted a truck. I gladly took it off his hands

whiteponygt

im gonna use the wheels just for a short bit till my others get done from powder coating but then I have no use for them, They have a lil curb rash

89DirtCoupe

Sweet, well if I have found a set by the time your wheels are powder coated I may interested in them. I'm going to get a nice set of drag wheels but I'd like to have a cheaper set of street wheels if possible. By the way, nice find!

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

whiteponygt

started tearing into the car and so far not disappointed that was under the spoiler when I removed it, also does anyone have any pics how they were mounting the cruise control module on theses car I've looked at fabing a bracket but it still looks like its going to hit the fender.And anyone looking for some tan leather seats???

fstfrd

Donator
I installed the cruise control module in the same location on my fox, I just tucked it back a bit further, & it clears no prob....I unfortunately didn't take any pics of that install...
A real Saleen spoiler....nice ! That ought to bring in some decent $ if you sell it.

whiteponygt

Might be a dumb question but ill throw it out there anyways im swapping everything from the cobra over into the fox but using the fox interior, ill be using dash harness from the sn95 so all the pats modules will be in tact, So now the question does the PATS in anyway have to have the sn gauge cluster to be functional, or is it more or less a blinking dummy light?