• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator Fox Awakens!

419forest

Painting the firewall while the blower is off. Also doing a battery relocation to the trunk.

Anyone using a killer chiller?

image.jpg

image.jpg

CabernetFox

Ihatewheelhop
Donator
Naw, I've ordered the new 5.0 kit that comes with control pack. It's street/strip. Full dress with 3.73 gear, TKO600. I'm worried about going too quick in sportsman E.T. class where lowest E.T. allowed is 12.00. I don't want to spoil my nice interior with a roll bar or cage.

419forest

Naw, I've ordered the new 5.0 kit that comes with control pack. It's street/strip. Full dress with 3.73 gear, TKO600. I'm worried about going too quick in sportsman E.T. class where lowest E.T. allowed is 12.00. I don't want to spoil my nice interior with a roll bar or cage.

I'm not doing a cage in my setup, but I'm not one to go to a race track either.

419forest

I finally got back on the project. Taking time now to mock up the cooling system and tie together vacuum and boost lines. Will move onto installing the heat exchanger next.

DSC_3053.JPG

DSC_3052.JPG

419forest

I've completed the installation of the air conditioning condenser (had to relocate bracket supports), coolant and heat exchanger reservoirs and heat exchanger pump. Moving along slowwwwwwwwwwly....

Next, I will be installing front bumper and side fenders so that the heat exchanger can be installed.

DSC_3056.JPG

DSC_3057.JPG

DSC_3059.JPG

419forest

Any progress I'm excited to see this one coming along?!

I'm stuck on trying to mount my heat exchanger between the crash bumper and ac condenser. My triple pass hex is about 50% thicker than stock which creates size restrictions in mounting.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
How much space are you short? Would it be too much to trim off of the crash bumper on the inside?

419forest

Yes, I could trim, but the inner lip of the crash bumper wouldn't ride correctly on the inside of the fiberglass bumper. My real problem is that I'm trying to fit a much larger than stock heat exchanger and electric puller fans inside of a tight space in order retain the original shape of the bumper and not cut it like most guys do. It's going to work, but it will be tight!