• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Got a little bit done today pulled the motor over the weekend to get the tranny and clutch joined up to the motor. Got the steering shaft issue resolved dont look to pretty but it is functional and well hidden with the motor in. Also notched the motor mount holes about an inch forward and down about a quarter of a inch for more clearence with the firewall. So next will be to fit the motor for the last ( i hope ) and get the crossmember lined up, gonna try to use a stock fox crossmember, I know i can buy a direct fit for the conversion but thats not fun, lol. so he is some pics, enjoy.

steering shaft ( again not pretty but it works )

8A646A0E-orig.jpg
15D61FF8-orig.jpg

notched motor mount holes

04251AC7-orig.jpg
F0219D94-orig.jpg

roachedone

Donator
gottcha... good idea... I'm running the ABS system from the 04 donor car, so i need the room infront of the motor for the pump, otherwise i think i would be right there with you on that one. had a hell of a time droping the motor in because of the egr tube hitting the fire wall..

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well got the motor and tranny back in today. Went in throught the bottom all together tranny, motor, headers, k-member and all, and let me tell ya it sucked BAD lol. Had a real fun time getting bolts to line back up everything is so tight with the mid lengths but its in anyways. Will post pics soon.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Yeah just never did take a pic i was very tired after wrestling it in lol. I will post some more pics this weekend

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
Looks good. I see you stayed w/ coils instead of COPs. How hard was it to install your brake setup?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Yeah the dizzy setup saved me a bunch of cash lol. the brakes wasnt that bad really beside the simple fact of laying upside down in the driver seat trying to tighten bolts. One bolt hole had to be drilled but the rest lined up, also i read somewhere it said to change the end of the the booster that connects to the pedal, i didnt and it seems to work fine for me.

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
You removed and installed the booster without removing the interior? Thats crazy. As for the pedals I would suggest swapping them over to the correct sn95 pedals. They feel so much better, and also insure that you don't break the actuator on the actual hydroboost system.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well i got the stock fox crossmember chopped up today and fitted. Going to box it back in to give it some strenght. I will have to spacer the mount a bit but it should work out fine it lined up great. I will post pics this weekend.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
How much did your distributor set up cost you?
i made it myself, got about fourty dollars in it all. Fairmont i used bassani mid length headers im afraid they might bang a bit after it fires up but we will see. Thet are really tight fitting lol

Svt Fox

Staff member
i made it myself, got about fourty dollars in it all. Fairmont i used bassani mid length headers im afraid they might bang a bit after it fires up but we will see.

Would you mind sharing the details?

Just in case I decide I change my mind and decide to go carb? I would like to do this :)